PDA

View Full Version : Warning To Cutters

Jacob G.
May 1st, 2017, 01:23 AM
So about 2 years ago I was having a rough time, and then one day in particular was particularly shitty. Anyway I just wanted to hurt myself and feel pain, I was frustrated. I found a dull knife in a drawer and started to cut my upper arm. The knife didn't draw hardly any blood, but it damaged by skin a bit. I cut a couple times and then I was done, as the knife wasn't doing the trick. I would never commit suicide or any serious self harm, though I do like the feeling of bleeding sometimes. Anyway I cut only 1 time and theres now a permanent scar there that I plan to get removed one day, it's a raised scar too. I figured I would try cutting one time, and it left me with a scar and makes me cautious about wearing short sleeves. If you want to see yourself bleed, just donate some blood.

tigers
May 2nd, 2017, 02:01 PM
Yes never want to do it

SamMystic
May 2nd, 2017, 02:02 PM
Amen! Awesome finishing line haha

Remora
May 2nd, 2017, 02:24 PM
I like that last bit a lot, because i am both against cutting and in favor of blood donation.

Thank you for being courageous and sharing your story with us. Here's to hoping others'll follow in your tracks!

Could you, by any chance, share with us what drove you to try it out? I know frustration's one hell of a drug, but what had made you frustrated enough to damage yourself like this? If you're willing to share it at all- if you're not, that's fully understandable and agreeable. I was just thinking it might help others who come here make the right decision.

OldmanKitty
May 17th, 2017, 03:47 AM
Yes i agree, Giving blood is a much better alternative and i find that it gives a similar euphoria to myself, Additionally if you are in the US you can do it for money which is never bad ;) Just don't over do it.

After having many scars it is always regretable that i did what i did, But it all turns life into what it is today.

Davidscott13
May 29th, 2017, 05:31 PM
Great post, I agree. My sister used to cut and it has left scars that have faded a bit now but you can still kind of see them

naenaendr
July 25th, 2017, 09:37 AM
The problem is that I am squeamish when it comes to blood, but I still occasionally cut. It's kind of annoying how I can't help but contradict myself!!