PDA

View Full Version : Smartwatches

Endeavour
April 30th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Does anyone here have a smartwatch? I'm thinking of getting one for my birthday and I don't know which one to get. :)

Andre1998
May 3rd, 2017, 01:41 AM
I have the Moto 360 by Motorola.

jdhud024
June 8th, 2017, 08:27 PM
I plan on getting the Moto 360 if I don't buy new headlights for my truck.

devotionnel
June 9th, 2017, 12:49 AM
I was thinking of getting a fitbit or something similar as I really need to increase my fitness and step count :)

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 01:40 AM
I have an Apple Watch Series 1. Overall, I think smartwatches are cool but there aren't very necessary for most people.

jdhud024
June 15th, 2017, 01:02 AM
Update. Bought myself an LG Style smartwatch as an early birthday present to myself. Absolutely loving it. #treatyoself

I hope someone gets the reference at the end

Ben7
June 15th, 2017, 02:19 AM
Dunno, I have a regular, old school watch with the hour and the minute hand. Works just fine for me and I don't feel like I'm missing anything. But if you're getting a smartwatch in my opinion Apple seems to make the best ones. Or at least that's just the impression I get. Or maybe they just have more money to pour into advertising I guess. Good luck.

Kyle37
June 15th, 2017, 06:30 PM
I have an Apple Watch 1, and to be honest its more of a "hey look at me I spent $650 on an accessory for my phone, which is equivalent in price." I would say if you want a smart watch the Apple Watch is the only choice worth considering, mainly because it looks the best, does everything smoothly with no random glitches, and has the best display. (However in general the concept is kind of pointless) Unless you use an android or windows phone, in which case there's no really good options. Lenonvo's Moto 360 line is really big and clunky, not something you'd wanna wear on your wrist all day.

jdhud024
June 15th, 2017, 09:49 PM
I have an Apple Watch 1, and to be honest its more of a "hey look at me I spent $650 on an accessory for my phone, which is equivalent in price." I would say if you want a smart watch the Apple Watch is the only choice worth considering, mainly because it looks the best, does everything smoothly with no random glitches, and has the best display. (However in general the concept is kind of pointless) Unless you use an android or windows phone, in which case there's no really good options. Lenonvo's Moto 360 line is really big and clunky, not something you'd wanna wear on your wrist all day.

I beg to differ, the Moto 360 is the best looking smart watch to date, despite the fact Motorola won't be continuing the line. The new LG Style and Sport are great as well, I just bought a Style and it is perfectly smooth and everything. So yeah, Android does have good options, but I'm pretty sure Windows phone users are screwed I don't think there's anything designed for the three people that own a Windows phone.