PDA

View Full Version : Help moving on...

MikeBumblebee16
April 30th, 2017, 08:06 AM
11 months ago, I met a guy through a friend who was his girlfriend at the time. He is bisexual. I began to gather feelings for him and, by the time I had known him for 6 months, I was in love. At this point, he was still in a relationship with my friend.

After I helped him through a tough breakup I turned my back on my friend (the girl I met him through), but still stayed friends with him. He was aware of how I felt and even allowed me to tell him how I felt. But after a few weeks, his friend told me that he didn't see me in the same way and he liked someone else. My friend didn't tell me because he didn't want to upset me, so I forgive him. So he got with this girl and he is happy, which makes me happy.

But now I am struggling to move on, okay it's been less than a week, but it is tough. I still find myself falling deeper and deeper in love with him. I feel like I might get in the way of his new relationship, but I don't want to stop talking to him because he is my best friend. He is there for me when I need him, and even there when I don't. And I am the same. I told him that if you strip the love away, he is like a big brother to me. So we started calling eachother bro. But it hasn't helped and I am still falling.What makes it worse is that his birthday is coming up and his friends and I are holding a surprise party for him and we are thinking it is only fair to invite his girlfriend.

What can I do?
What can help me move on?

Lazier
April 30th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Just take it one day at a time mate and don't try something you'll regret.