PDA

View Full Version : An adult I can trust?

sketchyheart
April 29th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Surprise surprise, more troubles with my ex-best friend. It's a lot to explain and I don't feel like writing it out, but basically I'm stuck with no way out, and no one to help me. But someone on here told me I should find an adult I can trust, so I think I found one? I've been in Karate for a week and my teacher is really kind and seems trustworthy. Should I confide in him? How do I even do that? Social anxiety makes it incredibly difficult to get a few full sentences out. Then there's my major trust issues. So I don't know. Someone help ;-;

ska8er
April 29th, 2017, 09:22 PM
If he is friendly towards u-give it a try.
Advise him that something is on ur mind
and it is bothering u-is it alright if he wants
to hear what is troubling u.

{The first cut is the deepest}

sketchyheart
April 29th, 2017, 09:47 PM
If he is friendly towards u-give it a try.
Advise him that something is on ur mind
and it is bothering u-is it alright if he wants
to hear what is troubling u.

{The first cut is the deepest}

I'm so scared it'll be a bother to him though. Like he has his own life and stuff. What if he doesn't care or doesn't want to hear it? Or maybe he'll just tell my parents everything?

Ben7
April 30th, 2017, 02:45 AM
It depends how "close" or comfortable you feel with him. If you guys often talk about personal stuff then I'd say it will be easier. But if you guys aren't open with each other in that way - which you might not since he is your teacher more than your friend - then it might now. He may or he may not care but ultimately you won't know till you try asking. However, perhaps you shouldn't begin by spilling everything and telling him your whole life's story. Rather you should casually begin conversation about your "friend" - just pass along - and observe how he takes it and how interested he is about discussing topics like that. It might give you a clue as to how more serious, personal conversations might go or be received by him. Good luck.

ska8er
April 30th, 2017, 04:13 AM
I'm so scared it'll be a bother to him though. Like he has his own life and stuff. What if he doesn't care or doesn't want to hear it? Or maybe he'll just tell my parents everything?

U could tell if someone wants to listen or is
indifferent to things that would interfere with
what they r doing. If u feel u r close to him then
like I said bring it up and if he says no they think
of a teacher or guidance councilor to confide in.
If u do find someone start slow and just tell u r
having friend probs and c if they r interested in
hearing u out. Don't go into too much detail if u
r having doubts. Usually an adult will listen.

jamie_n5
May 2nd, 2017, 06:23 PM
Isn't there a school counselor or teacher that you could trust and confide in? You are really at a place you shouldn't be. I can see you are really hurting and frustrated and depressed and full of anxiety. You need to get help somewhere. It may be time to see a doctor for help too or a minister if you are so inclined to do that. Please see someone dear girl before you explode.