PDA

View Full Version : Are my memories real? (Please help) TW

tinkerhell
February 26th, 2014, 09:02 AM
TRIGGER WARNING

I can't put into words how much I am being haunted by these memories/thoughts.

(I have repressed and regained memories in the past, for example my mother's cancer+treatment, my stepdad (he died when I was 8), My grandmother's verbal abuse....all those I have regained are accurate and come back after a trigger.)

Ever since I found out that my biological dad had a sexual relationship with an "out of the closet" pedophile I have been regaining memories of sexual abuse. Lots of little things, faces, words, phrases, rooms, emotions etc but no actual...."penetration". The man I think did it I supposedly only saw once, all of which was with my mother...But I don't think she is telling me everything?

I have always wondered why I have been depressed, s/h, OCD, hate being touched, fears of men, sex etc but just put it down to being a fuck up. Now I seem to have a reason.

How do I know if these memories are real, and I am not just fabricating them to explain my issues?

I am struggling to the point of s/h, panic attacks, not sleeping etc because of this. I am so scared.

Thankyou so much for your time, I really need it tbh. At this point of time I would beg for some support. ugh im going to stop now I am sounding pathetic

Amsey
February 26th, 2014, 09:43 AM
my advise (weirdas it may be) is to maybe see a hypnotist, ive seen on tv the can bring memories back into your mind you allow them, also maybe telling your dad that you have these memories and see what he says (might be a bad idea tbh)

if you need a talk im here ok?? and you don't sound pathetic stop that your only asking for some help :) im here ok

also if you want add me :) can talk to you when you need me

PurpleLips
February 26th, 2014, 06:57 PM
maybe you should talk to your dad

Sasha M
February 27th, 2014, 07:14 PM
maybe you should talk to your dad

Seriously?

Dalcourt
February 28th, 2014, 09:13 AM
This memories could be real, if there were other things you repressed and then remembered again when triggered it could be the same for this, too...Talking to someone form your family who might know can backfire of course but I guess it is the only realistic option. Otherwise, I don't think you have a chance to find out if it's real or not.

PurpleLips
February 28th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Seriously?

yh,
or do nothing about it and be scared for the rest of your life...

Etcetera
February 28th, 2014, 01:02 PM
It's very possible for memories to come back after you didn't even remember them. The same thing is going on with me.

sweet_girl24au
February 28th, 2014, 04:20 PM
I have started to regain memories of my parents when they used to fight, i know its not as bad but sometimes it all starts coming back