PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with jealousy?

gourmet
April 29th, 2017, 06:42 AM
Here's the thing. I'm not a jealous or envious person, but something changed in the last few days (maybe a week). As someone who never had a large group of friends, I've recently become close with a couple of people. These people mean a lot to me and I've noticed that two of them became closer in recent time (might've had romantic feelings for one of them). And this is where a jealousy of mine and this horrible gut feeling kicked in. I've started to analyze every text from them and I feel so afraid to be left out. I'm constantly thinking to myself: "What if they get into a relationship?", "What if our friendship is torn by this?". This is not me, I just know. I've never been like this, but I know this comes from my past insecurities since I've never been a social person. How do you deal with these kinds of feelings? Thanks a bunch. :)

Amethyst Rose
April 29th, 2017, 08:58 AM
It's understandable that you're jealous, not having solid friendships in the past can do that to you. Stop thinking about what-ifs and think about what-ares. Are they treating you any differently? Are you letting your insecurity get in the way of your relationships with them? It's easier said than done, but you need to stop overanalyzing and let things happen as they're supposed to. If you want, you could ask another friend if they notice any changes in the two friends you mentioned and see if they agree with you. I hope things turn out well for you :)

jamie_n5
May 2nd, 2017, 06:30 PM
Jealousy is a part of all of our human makeup. Just as envy or praise and all of our normal human feelings and instincts. Just as love and hate there is going to be jealousy and envy in our lives at times. It is all a part of growing up and maturing and learning to deal with all of life's struggles and problems. Just grab hold of the situation and deal with it. You will be fine.

gourmet
May 5th, 2017, 04:57 AM
Thanks to everyone who replied with an advice. This feeling still comes and goes, and I still don't know what to do with it. But, I guess, time will show, even though, it's kind of easier. I'm still friends with them, even though I'm terrified it will come apart soon.