PDA

View Full Version : Is this supposed to happen?

RavenTheGoddess
April 26th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Alright, so I was working on an essay for a class, when out of nowhere, Windows 10 just starts restarting. I had to click cancel as fast as I could, and I was back to my desktop. It closed every window except for Word since I had to click a button before exiting it with an unsaved document (Thankfully). The problem with this is I got no warning at all. It never said it was going to restart. It just up and tried to restart when I was in the middle of something. :mad:

ClarkKent
April 26th, 2017, 04:29 PM
no that is not supposed to happen. lol

maybe it was set to restart at that time? try checking the settings.

Endeavour
April 26th, 2017, 04:45 PM
I think as Windows 10 by default is set to automatically install updates it might have been this that caused the restart. Usually though there should be a popup message from the taskbar telling you about it though.

Coolteenboy
April 26th, 2017, 05:06 PM
I think as Windows 10 by default is set to automatically install updates it might have been this that caused the restart. Usually though there should be a popup message from the taskbar telling you about it though.

I agree. It might be automatic, butNORMALLY it tells u first, gives u the option otiin to restart later

jdhud024
June 8th, 2017, 08:28 PM
That's one reason I got away from Windows.

Coolteenboy
June 8th, 2017, 11:38 PM
My windows sometimes sez
"windows will restart in 2 minutes....."
Its easy to miss, and if u dont click "later" or "schedule later" it does an auto start.
In tht 2 minsits EASY to miss the warning.

Also, asa suggestion, make sure ure word settings are for autosave!
Its NOT the default. At least that way, if it does restart, u can recover the document u were working on!

messid
June 14th, 2017, 06:51 PM
another suggestion: check out your windows update settings and make sure to change it so that it asks you first instead of just automatically doing it