PDA

View Full Version : Being told what to wear

SammiB
April 25th, 2017, 11:25 PM
My parents know I am sexually active, but still want to tell me what to wear. I do listen to them out of respect, but if you want to dress in a sexy way, do you think its rude if you don't listen to them?

KatieCO2003
April 25th, 2017, 11:36 PM
My mom always pushed me to dress much older and more provocatively than was appropriate (she has issues I don't want to discuss). My Dad is just the opposite and probably wishes I would dress like a Nun. Out of respect for him, I've been dressing conservatively lately. It makes him worry less. Plus, I can still wear sexy undies if I choose. Nobody but me ever sees those.

Mollypop
April 26th, 2017, 01:00 AM
I don't think it's rude. Even so I usually end up not dressing as sexy as I'd like because I don't like to have to fight about it with my parents.

ChloeF
April 26th, 2017, 01:04 AM
Same here and I get the same, l do get a fair bit choice in what l'm allowed to wear but l've been asked to get changed a few times.
l do it mainly out of respect but l know it's an argument l'm not going to win either.

RideOrDie
April 26th, 2017, 01:10 AM
I have a mixed opinion on this. I think it'd be kinda rude cause it's like you're disrespecting your parents, but at the same time, it is your body. Luckily, my parents are cool with me wearing whatever, as long as it's not too revealing

Londongirl01
April 26th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Depends on what they expect you to wear, it might be that you don't mind what they suggest? Or just the principal of being told is annoying?

angelina
April 26th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Same here and I get the same, l do get a fair bit choice in what l'm allowed to wear but l've been asked to get changed a few times.
l do it mainly out of respect but l know it's an argument l'm not going to win either.
you have rightly said..this is either an universal problem..All the moms sometimes forget how they had been dressing in their younger days.

Taryn98
April 26th, 2017, 04:41 PM
My parents have always been pretty relaxed about what I wear. The only time my mom got really upset was when she found out I stopped wearing underwear. She freaked out about it for awhile but eventually stopped bothering me since she knew there was nothing she could do about it.

Barbara.
April 26th, 2017, 05:41 PM
My parents are always relaxed of what I wear. I never wear anything revealing or low cut dresses and are always below the knee.

Uniquemind
April 26th, 2017, 08:10 PM
I am unsure if guys care about what we wear if they genuinely want to be with us.

I think the more skin you show the more prying eyes you'll get from, what I consider to be, undesirable guys or quick hookups. But not interest from guys necessarily looking for relationships.

Also for this discussion there needs to be a definition of what it means to dress up sexy, versus dressing up classy-sexy. Is it a low-class or high class look you portray? Also parents also freak out differently: "you're showing too much midriff" or "that maybe a one piece but the neckline is too low, or that's too much back showing".

The parental units can't even get their complaints consistent from household to household, culture to culture....a standard really needs to be made.

For example I've been told that a lot of guys like sundress-type outfits, but technically that's not too revealing it covers a lot of skin.

So how do we define slutty, sexy, conservative, and classy clothing outfits for this discussion?

Let me add that I'm also posing this question on "denim day", which is based off of a judge in Italy, that rules a rape case as implying consent because the girl's denim pants were so right that they "implied consent" to the male.

So let me get this straight:

1: sundresses, guys apparently like em, they aren't tight fitting.

2: denim pants, sexy if they're tight fitting.

Common denominator: they both cover your skin.

Society's conclusion: Both are too slutty/revealing.

Ya can't win.

LanaPole
April 27th, 2017, 09:36 PM
I can wear what I want and my parents never tell me what to wear. I do like to be sexy.

angelamartines
April 27th, 2017, 09:43 PM
My parents know I am sexually active, but still want to tell me what to wear. I do listen to them out of respect, but if you want to dress in a sexy way, do you think its rude if you don't listen to them?

Depends... How old are you? There's such a thing as "house rules" here but I get families vary a lot...

1: sundresses, guys apparently like em, they aren't tight fitting.

You know that, with the proper light stenghts, one can see through those? There name actually originates from that!

Uniquemind
April 28th, 2017, 02:48 AM
Depends... How old are you? There's such a thing as "house rules" here but I get families vary a lot...

You know that, with the proper light stenghts, one can see through those? There name actually originates from that!

True, but it's still covered like a silhouette.

So now the logical conclusion is the female form itself is inherently sexual regardless of being covered or not.

My point is that's not a fair nor a consistent standard to hold against females within the framework of judging someone as slutty or proper when such a vague range of outfit choices puts you into either category.

Some people find the fully dressed and covered goth look to be a hot tough look or risqué. Yet they're covered.

You get my overall point though right? We can't win.

Guys find a girl desirable if they find them desirable, doesn't even matter if they're fully covered, it's not determined by how we dress and society seems to over emphasize the opposite.

geanyna
April 28th, 2017, 03:09 AM
my mom and i more or less dress the same way. so its not an issue that i hardly wear more than necessary and love dressing up sexy.

My parents have always been pretty relaxed about what I wear. The only time my mom got really upset was when she found out I stopped wearing underwear. She freaked out about it for awhile but eventually stopped bothering me since she knew there was nothing she could do about it.

haha just the same here. my mom was quite shocked when she found out the underwear thing. but she knew she couldnt do anything plus she didnt really have arguments... because she doesnt wear underwear either ;)

Posts merged. ~Amethyst Rose

Anniebanannie
April 28th, 2017, 08:45 PM
We're the opposite. Our family is on the conservative side and I dress that way. I'm fine with that.

angelamartines
April 28th, 2017, 10:09 PM
True, but it's still covered like a silhouette.

So now the logical conclusion is the female form itself is inherently sexual regardless of being covered or not.

My point is that's not a fair nor a consistent standard to hold against females within the framework of judging someone as slutty or proper when such a vague range of outfit choices puts you into either category.

Some people find the fully dressed and covered goth look to be a hot tough look or risqué. Yet they're covered.

You get my overall point though right? We can't win.

Guys find a girl desirable if they find them desirable, doesn't even matter if they're fully covered, it's not determined by how we dress and society seems to over emphasize the opposite.

In my experience with boys I can tell then the lesser clothing the more your chances are with him...

shamrockgirl02
April 29th, 2017, 12:57 AM
My mom always pushed me to dress much older and more provocatively than was appropriate (she has issues I don't want to discuss). My Dad is just the opposite and probably wishes I would dress like a Nun. Out of respect for him, I've been dressing conservatively lately. It makes him worry less. Plus, I can still wear sexy undies if I choose. Nobody but me ever sees those.

In a funny way, that can be some sort of powerful life metaphor or aphorism: people or society can try to judge me and force me to be something that fits into the mold they've chosen, but underneath it all, no one but me knows the real me and only I can change the real me

KatieCO2003
April 29th, 2017, 09:26 AM
I love dresses, especially cute sundresses. I think guys like them because they make you look cute and sweet and femminine in a good way without being slutty. Plus, wearing a dress makes me feel pretty. Maybe what your parrents object to isn't the dress, its the amount of attention you get when wearing one?

Barbara.
April 29th, 2017, 09:34 AM
I love dresses, especially cute sundresses. I think guys like them because they make you look cute and sweet and femminine in a good way without being slutty. Plus, wearing a dress makes me feel pretty. Maybe what your parrents object to isn't the dress, its the amount of attention you get when wearing one?
I agree with you 100 💯 percent. I love how I feel with a sundress on.

Mollypop
April 29th, 2017, 11:02 AM
I love dresses, especially cute sundresses. I think guys like them because they make you look cute and sweet and femminine in a good way without being slutty.

I love them too. And my parents never complain when I'm wearing one of those unless they think it's too short. But sometimes I want to look more sexy than cute and sweet.

Amberlynn
June 27th, 2017, 06:49 PM
I like to show off my body some, so I prefer to wear shirts that show off some cleavage and my midriff. I have a few dresses but I wear a lot of short shorts and skirts. I get a lot of compliments on my body and it makes me feel better about myself.

ClaraWho
June 28th, 2017, 07:50 AM
I like to show off my body some, so I prefer to wear shirts that show off some cleavage and my midriff. I have a few dresses but I wear a lot of short shorts and skirts. I get a lot of compliments on my body and it makes me feel better about myself.

I find this interesting. Given that we all know guys will throw around meaningless compliments to any girl who wears revealing clothing to encourage her to do so, why do you find it makes you feel better? If you look at any video chat site online it is just an endless stream of guys saying the same compliments to girl, after girl, after girl - all with the sole intention of hoping to get off.

Kinda makes the compliments guys give to revealing clothing seem too easy to obtain, and thereby meaningless.

Wouldn't it be better to just work on being happy with your body without the need for constant male verification of it?

~ Clara

Candy in CT
July 1st, 2017, 08:27 AM
Well I have been Modeling from like 9. My Mom has helped me and I had to learn what looks good and what looks trashy. My modeling coach taught me a few things and this might help some. If you going out in a short dress or skirt, use a camera or your cell phone and set it up so you can do a bend test. set it up at eye level and walk like 10 steps and bend over. Then check and see what you can see. Next is called Showing Nothing. With a short dress or skirt if you want a really short one do this, get what is called a stripper thong and put that on or any small thong. Then put on a dark pair of boy shorts and then you are covered up but anyone that sees the boyshorts will really be seeing nothing. If you have a loose top you can get fashion tape and use that so even if you bend over your top stays up. Next get Bra's that fit right and do not gap. I like stockings and garter belts if I wear a dress or skirt. It is so sexy to flash a bit of stocking top and there is really nothing showing. I tried going with no panties but did not feel right so I have a bunch of small thongs from modeling. Some go high to the waist other to the hips. Learn to walk in heels, keep in mind what your wearing with them. Nothing looks better then a girl in the right high heels and a sundress going side to side as you walk also other dresses if they go to the knee. A good sundress when the sun hits it right should almost see right though it. OK all done.

LITTLEANGEL16
July 10th, 2017, 07:34 AM
Just as long as you don't overdo the sexy look, You should dress as you like.

ceto2
July 12th, 2017, 11:34 AM
I wear what i like as my mum don't say what i must wear.

April03
July 13th, 2017, 03:03 AM
I wear what I want, generally a top and jacket and jeans. The stereotypical dress code for a teenage girl.

Miss Ophelia
July 15th, 2017, 11:51 AM
My parents dont care what I wear, but as I generally wear more metal. goth, punk styles rather than sexy clothing, I guess they arent to worried.

angelina
July 15th, 2017, 12:56 PM
for me and my cousin sister who also stays with me , my mum does not stipulate any dress code..it is our own preference

Living For Love
August 6th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Puberty For Girls :arrow2: Fashion

Bull
August 6th, 2017, 10:20 AM
Ok, I'm going to make a bunch of people mad. If you are living at home with your parents then you should adhere to their rules. If you are 18 and don't want to abide by house rules, then get a job and move out on your own.
Best option: sit down with parents and have an open, calm, discussion about house rules and be willing to reach some compromise. Girls, you can be attractive without being sluty. I see a lot of hot girls on campus that do not go out of way to dress "sexy". Just be aware of the message you send by the way you dress. Yeah, I am a guy and I like seeing girls butt cheeks at the pool, however, not a fan of following you down the street with your butt cheeks on display. Wrong message, unless that is the message you mean to send. If it is I'm not buying.