PDA

View Full Version : Summer job for 13 year old boy

tigers
April 25th, 2017, 02:52 PM
I am looking for a summer job, because I want to buy a Xbox ��. What can o do?

eric2001
April 25th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Walk dogs for money.

PlasmaHam
April 25th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Yard work, like mowing yards or watering plants.

SethfromMI
April 26th, 2017, 07:09 AM
at your age, not too many companies can even hire you. but as others have mentioned you can do yard work, walk dogs, if you have any family which does construction, they might be able to have you do very basic tasks. if you do know someone who owns a business, even if some can't technically hire you, they still may be able to pay you under the table.

edit:your from Hamburg, what are the labor laws for kids your age there?

Ben7
April 30th, 2017, 02:52 AM
The first things that come to mind are as some have said: walking or watching other people's (i.e. family friends, other friends, neighbors) pets, mowing lawns or doing other yard work, delivering papers. Other things I can think of could be things like baby sitting, washing cars for other people, house work/cleaning jobs, if you have some particular skill or hobby where you could potentially sell something other people might be interested in buying, thats also something (i.e. crafts, drawings, etc.). It's difficult in general just because you're so young. I hope you are able to find something.

Do your parents know anyone that might need help or work available for you to do? You could try asking them and they might know of a job you could do.

geanyna
April 30th, 2017, 07:39 AM
i dont know where youre from but where i live you couldnt get a regular job at 13. need to be at least 14 to be allowed to work officially. but you could look for some private job like helping neighbors in the garden or with car washing or painting fences.

boyfromthesouth
May 1st, 2017, 06:13 PM
when i was around that age i worked the snackbar at a baseball field

PinkFloyd
May 1st, 2017, 10:59 PM
Try odd jobs outside or taking care of pets while owners are away.

tigers
May 2nd, 2017, 01:58 PM
Ok thank you all ❤

SamMystic
May 2nd, 2017, 02:02 PM
Odd jobs are pretty much your only option..

Remora
May 2nd, 2017, 02:31 PM
As many of my fellow posters have said, consider chores and the likes for neighbors or your family. When i was 13, i did "chores" at my mom's store and i got "allowance" in return. I suppose not everyone's' parents own companies, but they usually have some chores laying around. Don't expect too high of a salary, though!

Consider things like....

Taking neighbor's or family's dog for a walk
Taking care of pets while their owners are away
Washing cars
Gardening work
Babysitting

Glitterboy
May 3rd, 2017, 02:37 PM
Im pretty sure its legal most places in Europe to work in a supermarket and do small things, atleast it is where im from.

Jordanchill
May 6th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Among the many job ideas given above, you could also try to find a campground to work at or maybe a summer camp. It is typically not hard or overbearing work to do and could also help you build social skills for the future as well as make friends.

jls0001
May 6th, 2017, 10:53 PM
I think most household chores would as a 13 year old

folej003
July 11th, 2017, 02:06 PM
Erm at that age you can't really have a full time job as such. As other people mentioned doing chores round the house, helping neighbours out with like the lawn or washing cars dog walking etc. My mum knew someone who helped me get a job in there shop just doing little things so if your parents know anyone who runs there own business you could see if you could help out there over summer. It's hard though. If you get xbox though feel free to add me ahha. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any help

Endeavour
July 11th, 2017, 04:39 PM
OP is banned. :locked: