PDA

View Full Version : Best friend did something horrible to amputee friend..

ashtonxx
April 23rd, 2017, 11:05 AM
hi guys!

its ashton. I am 15 and yes I am a girl. I live in salt lake city :)

i really need advise. Last night this girl from school named Marie had a slumber party and invited me and my friend Nicole and a bunch of other people from school. This girl Alexa was there and I haven't really spoken to her at school but she seemed super nice. Alexa was in a horrible accident when she was little and now she has a prosthetic leg. It isn't the whole leg, it starts below the knee.

I was hanging out with my friend Nicole but then I went to talk to Alexa and she was so nice. I asked her about her leg and she was so chill about it and she lifted her dress and showed it to me and she showed how easily it comes on and off (she didnt take it off though). She said she only takes it off when she's sleeping.

then after a bit we were eating and Nicole was telling me not to talk to Alexa, she said shes so fake and a liar and stuff. Idk what happened but this other girl heard and told Alexa and out of nowhere Alexa came and threw her drink at Nicole and they started fighting!! I was so scared cuz Nicole pushed Alexa twice and Alexa slapped her, i ran out of the room with this other girl Jasmine and we were crying in the hall cuz I was so scared and when Alexa threw her drink it went all over us too and ruined our clothes.

Both Nicole and Alexa apologized to me but they were still mad at each other, I was gonna sleep upstairs in the bedroom with Nicole and 2 other girls and Alexa and some other girls were gonna sleep in the basemenet apartment. Cuz the girl who threw the party is friends with both Alexa and Nicole and she didn't wanna kick one or the other out.

We went to sleep at 12am and like idk what happened there was this weird digusting chemical smell coming in our room. It woke me up but I went back to sleep and this morning I woke up at like 6 cuz there was SCREAMMINGGG downstairs. I ran downstairs and everyone was there and Alexa was on the floor crying and she didnt have her prosthetic on. She was crying and screaming and cusisng and she was yelling for someone to get her phone so she can call the cops. I looked and Alexa's leg was in the fireplace and it was burnt!!!! Not the entire leg, but the part that Alexa puts on her stub was burnt and it was destroyed.

Like after a while I talked to Alexa cuz she was waiting for her dad to come. And she said that her family saved for so long to get her that prosthetic since they wanted to have a realistic one for her so she could feel normal. And now she doesnt know what to do or how to come to school tomm.. I went up to Nicole cuz she was laughing upstairs with 2 other girls and Nicole was asking me what Alexa said. I said shes upset. Nicole asked if Alexa suspected her and I said she didnt say.

Then Nicole told me her and Jasmine snuck into the basement last night and took her prosthetic and did this! I asked why and Nicole said Alexa was saying so much bad stuff about all of us and she did some other horrible stuff so this was their revenge.

I told my mom everything and she told me I have to keep it a secret cuz my mom is BEST friends with Nicole's sister (that's how we met). I have been friends with Nicole for so long and I dont want to get her in trouble but it makes me sick she did this.

What should I do???? Plz help I dont know who else to ask for help without getting Nicole in trouble.

Mars
April 23rd, 2017, 11:46 AM
That's a crime and fucked up. Regardless of who is your friend or your mothers friend, that's illegal and wrong. Report it.

Who fucks with kind handicapped people? Wtf?

Uniquemind
April 23rd, 2017, 12:22 PM
This is why I am against the concept of friendship being some kind of thing you have to preserve at all times.

Sometimes friendships are okay to throw away, when lines like this are crossed. The fact that your adult mother is concerned about social politics in the same catty way us teens witness amongst each other further add to my personal belief that the lawful difference between a minor (young than 18), and an adult (older than 18) is a weak barometer to measure mental maturity and sound decision making.

Prosthetics are not cheap, and I imagine a scenario like this will have to involve a lawyer and the courts, and you hold key testimonial evidence on who did that damage to another person.

Get ready to put the right thing to do over the worldly convenient thing to do (ie: maintaining your friendships).

PlasmaHam
April 23rd, 2017, 05:19 PM
I would report your friend immediately. She crossed the line when they decided destroying the valuable possession of a person is the best way to end an argument. Never-mind it being a very expensive prosthetic leg which your disabled friend literally depends on every single day of her life.

A person who does this with no remorse doesn't deserve sympathy.

Amethyst Rose
April 23rd, 2017, 08:21 PM
That was an incredibly immature and shitty thing for them to do. There's no letting this go just because one of the girls who did it is your friend, you need to report it. Who cares if she gets upset with you? They deserve whatever punishment they get for doing something like that.

Dmaxd123
April 24th, 2017, 12:04 PM
be a decent human and tell the cops what happened. you probably don't even have to tell your mother that you told the cops

i don't feel that handicap people are "special" in terms of treating them with kid gloves but i do feel that disrespecting someone's personal property is a no-go type of thing and disrespecting someone's means of trying to live a "normal" life is even worse

Brightwolf
April 25th, 2017, 11:18 PM
Report the one who did it. Why do people enjoy doing that stuff?

KatieCO2003
April 25th, 2017, 11:57 PM
Just reading this last night made me physically sick and I couldn't sleep. There's no way to undo what they did. But justice and love would go a long way towards helping your friend recover from this.

EvaNL
April 26th, 2017, 12:44 AM
There's a difference between a prank and being a total twat. These girls were total twats. They on purpose damaged someone else's belongings. That's a crime. They should not be able to get away with this. You should report it. I would even say that you have the moral duty to report it. Yes, you may lose friends, but seriously, do you really want to be friends with people who do such a thing? I'd rather get as far away from as possible.

Uniquemind
April 26th, 2017, 03:39 AM
There's a difference between a prank and being a total twat. These girls were total twats. They on purpose damaged someone else's belongings. That's a crime. They should not be able to get away with this. You should report it. I would even say that you have the moral duty to report it. Yes, you may lose friends, but seriously, do you really want to be friends with people who do such a thing? I'd rather get as far away from as possible.

Yeah she has a point. These friends of yours obviously justify horrendous things once they decide you're their enemy. What if they turn on you someday? You want to really hangout with such people as friends?

ashtonxx
April 30th, 2017, 04:11 PM
Sorry guys for the late reply... things have been crazy.

Ok so the next day I confronted Nicole at school and told her she has to come clean or I will tell. She was pissed at me and told me I better not and she was really rude. I called Alexa and I went to her house after school and some guy was there fitting her for a new prosthetic. Idk what happened but apparently she is getting a new one and won't have to pay (thank god).

Alexa told me she is going to Nicole's house and I begged her not to tell her I told. She said she won't. She was wearing a temporary prosthetic which was too long for her so she wore a beautiful long yellow dress so no one would notice. We went to Nicoles house and it was like 8pm but her mom said she was at this other girl's party. I told Alexa to just wait until tomorrow but she called an uber and we went to the party.

We walked in and saw Nicole and she was dancing near the table. Alexa was SO mad, everyone was saying high to Alexa when she walked in and she walked past everyone and screamed EXCUSE ME and Nicole turned around, and Alexa SWUNG her purse and hit Nicole in the head, Nicole pushed her (she looked drunk) and Alexa like punched Nicole in the head SOOO hard!! Everyone screamed and Nicole stumbled back and hit the table, she was unconscious and we called 911.

Alexa was arrested and Nicole was rushed to the hospital, like 2 of her teeth fell out when Nicole punched her and she hit the floor her head was bleeding near her forehead idk WHAT to do.

Plz help! Honestly I am thinking about talkign to the guidance counsellor tomorrow and switching to a different school because I cant handle all this. I have horrible anxiety and I am worried all the time about both these girls and I am going crazy!! help!!

history
May 2nd, 2017, 01:14 PM

ska8er
May 2nd, 2017, 05:53 PM
This is not only larceny but mental anguish.

Uniquemind
May 8th, 2017, 01:19 AM
Whelp, it's the parent's and cop's responsibility to handle this now.

Their both in the wrong now, and both have suffered.

mookie
May 12th, 2017, 07:31 PM
That is really awful.

EvaNL
May 16th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Both girls did something wrong and have to pay for it now.
Maybe that'll make them think about their actions in the future.