PDA

View Full Version : APT - Anterior Pelvic Tilt Fixture

Mars
April 22nd, 2017, 05:32 PM
Hey, so recently I've noticed that since I've started lifting and squatting I've had a bit of a problem with APT. My hips were uneven and shifted backwards, my core looked bloated because of it, and I've been having discomfort in my lower back. So through a shit ton of research I've kinda come up with a core routine of stretching and exercises to reverse these effects and fix my posture. Any tips or suggestions would be great and if you have APT yourself and do this routine tell me how it works :)

http://i.imgur.com/6LghOIk.jpg
[Typed underneath]

-Dynamic warm up
-Cat position 20 seconds x2
-Hip flexor stretches 20 seconds x2 each side
-Laying knee raises 3x3
(Lying down with your back and shoulders completely touching the floor, put your knees in a 90 degree position. Slowly lower your knees, contracting and flexing your core and glutes. When you feel your lower back start to arc or lift, slowly raise your knees back up to a 90 degree position again.)
-Glute bridges 20 seconds x3
(Lying down with your back and shoulders completely touching the floor, slowly lift your hips, flexing your glutes and keeping your back and stomach straight and inline with your thighs. Lower when you're done and keep your back completely touching the floor.)
-Plank 30 seconds
(Lift yourself into a plank position and shift your hips forward, forcing your back straight and contract your core and glutes to keep this position.)
-Side planks 30 seconds each side
(Lift yourself into a side plank position and like previously stated, shift your hips forward so your body is aligned and straight.)
-Ab wheel rollouts 4x4
(If you don't have an ab wheel and cannot buy one, Superman holds or plank walkouts work fine. Make sure your back is straight and you push your hips forward to keep it aligned.)
-Glute bridges (weighted) 10 seconds x3
(With a plate or relatively flat bag such as a briefcase, do a glute bridge and make sure your back and hips are straight and not arced.)
-Glute bridges 20 seconds x3
-Stretches
>Cat position 20 seconds x2
>Hip flexor stretches 20 seconds x2 each side
>Shinbox switch 20 seconds each side
>Downward dog 20 seconds
>Seated spinal twist 20 seconds each side
>Arm stretches

Make sure you force your hips to be aligned with your spine and to not allow yourself to arc your back. It's extremely important to do these exercises right in order to reverse APT and it's effects. Tell me how this routine works for you guys :D

Mars
July 14th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Self bump for those who need it :)

Flapjack
July 14th, 2017, 05:16 PM
Mars I don't have an issue with APT (or at least I don't think I do) but I do reallyyy need to improve my posture XD Do you think this would help me with that??

I hope this helps you buddy!! Do update us on whether you see improvements :)

Mars
July 14th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Mars I don't have an issue with APT (or at least I don't think I do) but I do reallyyy need to improve my posture XD Do you think this would help me with that??

I hope this helps you buddy!! Do update us on whether you see improvements :)

Ah definitely will help your posture. Try to consciously sit up straighter, stand straighter, and tuck in your stomach and core. It helps build your muscle and muscle memory without having to "work out" :). And yeah actually! I have started to see improvement !