PDA

View Full Version : pressure?

euan35
April 21st, 2017, 10:01 PM
friends tell me stories about how they go to parties and how they should've kissed / made out with another person because they dont want to finish year 12 without experiencing those kind of things

sometimes, my parents will even hint at / comment on the fact that i dont have a relationship and it kind of pisses me off sometimes, because this adds pressure on me to get one

do you guys feel pressure into getting a relationship? and how do I remind myself that I don't need a relationship and that it's more important to love myself?

ShineintheDark
April 22nd, 2017, 10:02 AM
I've sometimes thought abourt it but I'm pretty happy being single by myself and wouldn't get pressured by anyone to date. If you wanna stay single, stay single and don't let people pressure you to change your mind.

refrigeratorx
April 22nd, 2017, 10:15 AM
Yea man family always asks like... Any girlfriends? Or whatever and I'm like... Nahhh. But it really does get annoying with their expectations and what they think I could or should be doing. It's my life, back off lol

PlasmaHam
April 22nd, 2017, 02:33 PM
Yea, I get this pressure, mainly from my Dad. I am simply not the kind of person who feels the need to constantly have a girlfriend, and I am not the kind of person who does casual dating.

I just ignore him when he ask these questions.

Chaosphere
April 23rd, 2017, 01:00 AM
This isn't some morose sentiment about how everybody leaves. However, if you're looking for a way to remind yourself that you don't always have to be making out with someone to be happy and satisfied, remember this: You can always rely on yourself. You can trust yourself to do (or at least make a damned impressive effort) what's best for you. Even when others leave or can't sympathize, you know what you have to do, and will hopefully do it. Keeping that in mind, the pressure put on you by peers and parents might be lessened. I hope that helps.