PDA

View Full Version : Is she holding me back?

sketchyheart
April 20th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Before I explain the situation, I just wanna say that I am NOT badmouthing my mom in any way. I love her, she's a great mom and I'm very grateful to have her.

So the problem: I'm trying very, very, VERY hard to lose weight, but I feel like she is not being very, well, supportive. She buys lots of junk that all my siblings eat in front of my face. She also makes very high carby foods that I am not supposed to be eating for 1. Losing weight and 2. They will hurt my stomach really bad. When I tell her she can make whatever she wants and I'll make my own lunch, she either gets annoyed or pressures me into eating whatever it is she made. It's hard for me to stand up to her cause she does so much for us and I feel too ashamed to put my foot down about the situation. If she wants to buy junk food, fine, I can avoid that. But I wish she would let me make my own meals without making me feel guilty. Is she holding me back, or am I just making excuses?

Bmble_B
April 20th, 2017, 05:21 PM
I feel like she may be holding you back. Back when I was trying to lose weight I was in a similar situation. I'd say to sit her down in a calm way and make it clear to her you're not trying to dictate how she spends her money, but to be a bit more supportive of her daughter trying to lose weight. And also supportive of her daughter being willing to make her own meals so it is in no way an inconvenience to the mother. I know its easier said than done, but it's one of those things that just needs to be sit down, talked about.

Just JT
April 20th, 2017, 09:39 PM
Go food shopping with her and get involved I'm planning the family meals together. That way it'll be a more natural convo and not a confrontation

NathanFloGrown
April 20th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Go food shopping with her and get involved I'm planning the family meals together. That way it'll be a more natural convo and not a confrontation

Great Idea bro

sketchyheart
April 21st, 2017, 12:47 PM
I talked to her and she said she's going to do her best to help me. Also, next time she's going to take me food shopping with her so I can buy the foods that I like. Thanks so much guys