PDA

View Full Version : friendship as real as a cardboard

yoot.png
April 20th, 2017, 02:53 PM
helo there i came here bc i ma have a problem wit friendship

ok so i'm a sophomore this year, and my best friend isnt in the same school as me anymore, or any of my middle school's friend (highschool starts in 10th grade where i live). so she is with some of her/friends already, and she talks to them which isnormal. we promised to really make efforts to keep on talking. i quickly realized it was bull**it, i made efforts but she rrally didnt so i stopped texting her, or trying to hang out with her because the both of us has to try or else it wont work. then she texted me saying how much she missed me and stuff, we talked again a lil while after that, but a few months ago i realize agAIN that it was bull**it. once again i was trying too hard, and she completely stopped texting me and she would even ignore me. we saw each other trice (or twice maybe) after she sent me that long message. our birthday is in the same months, so we saw each others so i could give her her gifts, but at first i just wanted to see her and the gifts thing was a plus. she told me that ordered my present so i'd have to wait a lil while before having my presents. alright. it's been two months that she told me that. still nothing. everytime she'slike "aw i wanna see you" "aw we should see each other more often" or she makes plans with me and she ends up doing these plans with someone else. she doesnt give a DAMN about me. she has her own life with everyone else but me. she even talks to our middle school's friend that are not even in her highschool, so clearly, it's not distance, it's me. why would she goddamn lie? why would she pretends anything???? am i the problem? omfg im so mad i hate her

Mars
April 20th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Introductions :arrow: Friends and Family

queenofcontrariety
April 20th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Friendship can be tricky, as you move from one chapter of your life to another people are going to change and you are too. As sad as it is, maybe this isn't a friendship that's meant to last. She'll always have a spot in your past but maybe now is the time to focus on all the people in school with you now and cultivating new friendships than keeping this one of life support.

Chaosphere
April 25th, 2017, 12:28 AM
If you feel that she is really blowing you off and holding you up, forget about her. There are plenty of people who would love to have friends who genuinely care about their relationships with others, as you seem to. However, I'd recommend talking it out with her before burning the bridge. It might give you both a chance to get things off of your chest. It doesn't sound like it's your fault in any way, from where I'm looking. Some people just have their priorities mixed up, and it can be healthier to leave such relationships, and seek out new ones, as opposed to spending vast amounts of energy trying to prop them up. Especially when the other party doesn't put in any effort. I really hope that helps.

jamie_n5
April 26th, 2017, 08:37 PM
I think you have tried enough and gone out of your way to stay friends. I think it's time for you to move on and find new friends and be happy again. You deserve that.