PDA

View Full Version : I'm Worried About My Friend

Andrew99
April 20th, 2017, 10:24 AM
I have been talking to someone who I met on twitter for like a month now. We have gotten really close now and text eachother all day and speak on the phone for like 12 hours a day if we both aren't busy. We both have the same common interests so it's really easy to get on with her, but she has told me she suffers from depression, and she often feels upset as she was adopted and isn't allowed to see her real parents. Usually we can talk about anything to eachother and we make eachother feel better about ourselves, but over the last few days she's been really upset and she refuses to tell me why, it makes me sad knowing she's sad, as I know I can try to help her out, but I don't want to invade her privacy by her forcing her to tell me, does anyone know how I can get her to tell me what's wrong, or from that brief description of things have any idea what a problem could be?

idefineme
April 20th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Well as.person who has been friends to others i know two things right now: you want to do something and you want to help. The priority is to help her and for that You may have to give up your own agenda. What i suggest you do is state you're worried, say that you are there no matter what, and your think something going on with her and that if she needs help it's ok to ask and it doesn't have to be from You but it's important she gets it.

Just JT
April 20th, 2017, 09:28 PM
She's upset about something and she knows you know right? And won't talk about it?
Even after a month or what ever some stuff is just to private to talk about like that. You don't know the kinda baggage that goes with her background
So don't push it or you'll push her away. Just be a frien and if she wants to talk to you about it she will

When she's ready

Andrew99
April 21st, 2017, 05:07 AM
She's upset about something and she knows you know right? And won't talk about it?
Even after a month or what ever some stuff is just to private to talk about like that. You don't know the kinda baggage that goes with her background
So don't push it or you'll push her away. Just be a frien and if she wants to talk to you about it she will

When she's ready

I'm not pushing her, I dont have any friends accept her so I don't do anything else than talk to her everyday, it's annoyingly because I want to be able to comfort her in person but I can't do that since we live really far from each other, she's told me about very personal stuff before about her deep personal life but I'm worried sick she is in a bad place and I can't do anything to help her

Just JT
April 21st, 2017, 05:32 AM
I'm not pushing her, I dont have any friends accept her so I don't do anything else than talk to her everyday, it's annoyingly because I want to be able to comfort her in person but I can't do that since we live really far from each other, she's told me about very personal stuff before about her deep personal life but I'm worried sick she is in a bad place and I can't do anything to help her

There's nothing you can do for her but be her friend. Listen and just be there and be supportive. Nothing more, just be a friend. Your doing more than you think by just doing that

SethfromMI
April 21st, 2017, 06:29 AM
sadly, there is nothing you really can do for her unless she is ready and willing to talk about it. I know that's not the answer you want to hear, but it is the truth. hopefully she will open up to you and talk to you about her problems. it is not good for her to keep it in. as JT has already said, just continue to be there for her as a friend.

Chaosphere
May 18th, 2017, 01:31 AM
The only thing you can do is show her you're there for her. In the end (as others have said), its up to her to trust you enough to let you know what's happening in her life. Just make sure you're approachable. Pushing her to tell you will just make the situation worse.