PDA

View Full Version : anybody studying at a boarding school?

euan35
April 20th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Guys i'm writing a book!!!! The main character studies at a boarding school and tbh I don't really know much about boarding school stuff and I wanted to know the following:

- structure (what happens before school in the morning, after school in the afternoon)
- meals & stuff (like, is lunch and dinner all provided)
- facilities (ofc they differ from school to school but what facilities are there, besides dorms and classrooms ofc)
- what do you do during school holidays / weekends?

i'm sure i'll be able to think of more questions to ask so if you live in a boarding school (especially in Australia, bc the book is set there)

thanks so much guys!

Contact prompt removed. ~Endeavour

Yugen
June 19th, 2017, 04:47 PM
I went to a boarding school.
Before school in the morning, everyone just slept. Like we would wake up five minutes before class. After school we had mandatory activities, like soccer or first aid lessons.
Meals were all in the dining hall, breakfast/morning snack, lunch, and dinner. You had an hour window to get each except half an hour for morning snack.
The facilities were the dorms, dining hall, common room, student store, library, gym/pool, art building, and they left classrooms open at night to study in.
During holidays we just hung around campus or went to visit friends in town, and on weekends most people just studied or went shopping in town.