PDA

View Full Version : What to do...

haye1354
April 19th, 2017, 02:29 PM
So, Im 18 and only go out with my mates now and again. My mum has said a few times now "When are you going to meet someone" or "How are you going to meet someone if you dont go out", what would you take this as does she want me to meet someone? Is she disappointed that I havent met someone yet?

On the other hand the past week I have been talking to this girl (I accidentally sent a message to her when it was meant for someone else) should I tell my mum about her or not?

NathanFloGrown
April 19th, 2017, 03:51 PM
So. I have a girlfriend and I wasn't expecting to date anyone for a while or even want a girlfriend. But, she came to me and we talked and all that and I began to like her. So, I feel like the more you do go out and meet new people, the better the chance is for you to meet a girl who you like and who likes you. And, I think that maybe your mom just wants you to meet someone. And either way...I mean in my opinion...since I surf I will use this analogy.

Think of it this way.

When I'm surfing, there are tons of waves I can Rush onto and force to be the wave I surf, they wont be good waves and they wont always be bad waves. But, I realize that I have to wait for the PERFECT wave to come...which could take a while but I know that the perfect wave will come to me and I will take it.

There are tons of girls you can have as your girlfriend...and you both might not be that into eachother and just want someone to call your girlfriend. And you could make this girl your girlfriend just so your mom stops annoying you, so basically you wont be in a relationship with someone you genuinely love.
Then, you have to wait. Wait for the perfect girl to come around...might take a while, but there is someone for you who is like a puzzle piece...she will complete you so...I mean

My advice is to meet new people and wait to see if the perfect girl comes around.

Chaosphere
April 19th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Your mom just sounds like she wants you to be happy, in her own way. As for the girl you're chatting with, you don't have to tell your mom anything about it, especially if you don't even know if you'll actually enter a relationship. I'd wait until you know something more concrete to tell your mom about it.
...My advice is to meet new people and wait to see if the perfect girl comes around.
Nathan is right. If you get to know the girl better, and you form a quality relationship, of your own volition, then tell your mom all about it. If you don't, find a group, team, or club, and look for the right girl. It's your life and happiness. Make sure you surround yourself with quality people you really care about. Take your own time.