PDA

View Full Version : Possibly colorblind?

RavenTheGoddess
April 14th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Not sure if this belongs here, but I do have a fear that I may actually be colorblind to some colors. For example, I can't tell the difference between Red and Fuschia (A variant of pink). The same goes for white and light grey (like on the scroll bar on Windows 10. I literally have to move my mouse around to search for it).

Devinsoccer
April 14th, 2017, 05:21 PM
It is likely, its probably just a minor case of color blindness. Most color blind people can notice it. I do have a tendency to do the same with the scroll bar as well, but normally I can see that. There are many colorblind tests that you can do, maybe if you do some of those, it can help you see if you are color blind. Also, I know it's a lot rarer for a girl to be color blind, but it is possible. They are 50% less likely to be color blind. So since boys have a 1 in 12 chance of being color blind, that means girls have a 1 and 24 chance in being color blind. In order for you to be color blind, your father would have to be color blind, and your mother has to either be color blind herself, or be a carrier. I hope you have a wonderful day!

PlasmaHam
April 14th, 2017, 05:27 PM
You probably just have a slight variance of color blindness, nothing out of the norm.

Amethyst Rose
April 14th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Sounds like you do, but it's not anything you should be overly concerned about. I also have color blindness to some degree. If it gives you any trouble reading, a higher contrast between the background and text should help you.