PDA

View Full Version : Most emotional movie you've seen?

PinkFloyd
April 12th, 2017, 05:13 AM
Basically what the title says. I just got done watching "Schindler's List," and oh my god, I bawled my fucking eyes out at the end. I highly recommend that movie. It's beyond words.

BlackParadePixie
April 12th, 2017, 08:56 PM
that's definitely up there...

Leon (The Professional) hits me with the feels big time

JohnC
April 12th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Field of Dreams makes me sad every time. I lost my dad when I was six and wish I could have just one game of catch with him. Kind of like how the father and son play catch in the movie.

SethfromMI
April 12th, 2017, 10:58 PM
Basically what the title says. I just got done watching "Schindler's List," and oh my god, I bawled my fucking eyes out at the end. I highly recommend that movie. It's beyond words.

I was about to answer with Schindler's List. cry every time. don't care who knows it.

There are movies with maybe one or two major sad moments, but I am not sure I have ever watched a movie which had as many sad moments as Schindler's List did.

I did think of John Q randomly but that is certainly up there. Denzel Washington's character has a ton which needs a heart transplant and he is determined to do whatever he can to get help for him. that has a ton of tearjerker moments

rioo
April 13th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Rush, Niki Lauda is really cool. and also that formula 1 battle adrenaline is going exploded.

PinkFloyd
April 13th, 2017, 11:17 AM
I was about to answer with Schindler's List. cry every time. don't care who knows it.

There are movies with maybe one or two major sad moments, but I am not sure I have ever watched a movie which had as many sad moments as Schindler's List did.

I did think of John Q randomly but that is certainly up there. Denzel Washington's character has a ton which needs a heart transplant and he is determined to do whatever he can to get help for him. that has a ton of tearjerker moments

Yeah, the way Schindler's List was created was very realistic. The scenes they created with all the extras were as close to reality as possible. No lives were truly in danger of course, but it was all incredibly realistic. Steven Spielberg when shooting the movie, was in tears all the time, and had to have his family there to console him. The best part is that he didn't make a dime from the movie because he said it would be making money from a tragedy. He was right. And what really got to me is that Schindler would have never been happy with himself. He wanted to be able to save everyone. Even if he did sell the car and his gold pin, and got to save twelve more people, it still wouldn't have been enough. At the end, when Schindler was among all the thousands of people he saved, he said that he didn't do enough and how if he sold his car, he could have saved more people. "Why did I keep the car? Ten people right there.." That scene was the most heart-wrenching of them all for me. Even if he was able to save ten more people, it wouldn't have been enough in his eyes. He did his very best, but it just wasn't enough in his eyes. He truly wanted to erase everything that was done, but couldn't.

CosmicNoodle
April 13th, 2017, 03:18 PM
The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. Couldn't stop laughing.

(that's a joke btw, try not to get triggered)

SethfromMI
April 13th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Yeah, the way Schindler's List was created was very realistic. The scenes they created with all the extras were as close to reality as possible. No lives were truly in danger of course, but it was all incredibly realistic. Steven Spielberg when shooting the movie, was in tears all the time, and had to have his family there to console him. The best part is that he didn't make a dime from the movie because he said it would be making money from a tragedy. He was right. And what really got to me is that Schindler would have never been happy with himself. He wanted to be able to save everyone. Even if he did sell the car and his gold pin, and got to save twelve more people, it still wouldn't have been enough. At the end, when Schindler was among all the thousands of people he saved, he said that he didn't do enough and how if he sold his car, he could have saved more people. "Why did I keep the car? Ten people right there.." That scene was the most heart-wrenching of them all for me. Even if he was able to save ten more people, it wouldn't have been enough in his eyes. He did his very best, but it just wasn't enough in his eyes. He truly wanted to erase everything that was done, but couldn't.

and to think how far Schindler came. he was never an evil man, but he started his venture to make a fortune (after several unsuccessful attempts to do so). he ended up making more than enough money than he could ever spend and he gave it all up to save people. Schindler struggled financially the rest of his life (his life is kind of tragic in those regards). but generations are and will continue to live because of him.

and to think there are people who try to say it is all fake. I am not even going to try to go down that road too much because that pisses me off when I start hearing that

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. Couldn't stop laughing.

(that's a joke btw, try not to get triggered)

haha well I am very glad I read the bottom of your post sir. I was worried for sure. that movie wasn't as quite heart wrenching all the way through as Schindler's List (though it was clear they made Boy in the Striped Pajamas for a wider audience) I was not prepared for the ending :( I should have been considering what the movie was about but I wasn't

CosmicNoodle
April 13th, 2017, 09:10 PM
and to think how far Schindler came. he was never an evil man, but he started his venture to make a fortune (after several unsuccessful attempts to do so). he ended up making more than enough money than he could ever spend and he gave it all up to save people. Schindler struggled financially the rest of his life (his life is kind of tragic in those regards). but generations are and will continue to live because of him.

and to think there are people who try to say it is all fake. I am not even going to try to go down that road too much because that pisses me off when I start hearing that

haha well I am very glad I read the bottom of your post sir. I was worried for sure. that movie wasn't as quite heart wrenching all the way through as Schindler's List (though it was clear they made Boy in the Striped Pajamas for a wider audience) I was not prepared for the ending :( I should have been considering what the movie was about but I wasn't

TBH I did like Boy in the Striped Pajamas, I love fiction films.

(another joke)

Falcons_11
April 13th, 2017, 10:02 PM
The Hurt Locker.

PinkFloyd
April 14th, 2017, 12:19 AM

He wasn't necessarily evil, but he wasn't really good either. He didn't care that people were dying. That all changed, and that's all that matters. Schindler's life after the war was sad indeed.

TBH I did like Boy in the Striped Pajamas, I love fiction films.

(another joke)

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I felt like the movie was okay at best. It really seemed like it rested all of its greatness on the subject matter of the film. It's hard to say that it's a bad film because if you do, it'll be offensive. The tragic and sad ending of it pissed me off more than anything. Like, all Schmuel had to do was crawl under the fence towards Bruno, and then Schmuel could've escaped. Plus, the side drama between the father and mother was peculiar. the Mother started to feel bad about what was happening, but it must've taken a long time to kick in because the father was not new to that line of work. She should've seen that her husband was going to be the commander of fucking Auschwitz and had mental red flags going up like "Hey, maybe my husband isn't a very nice guy..." Anyways, I'm talking in circles.

KatieCO2003
April 14th, 2017, 02:51 AM
"The Passion of the Christ" and "Saving Private Ryan". I can't watch either of those ever again.

RavenTheGoddess
April 14th, 2017, 03:40 PM
The most emotional movie I ever saw was Titanic (Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet) and good holy god was that an emotional rollercoaster. I didn't cry though, and at the end I thought "meh, whatever". Does this make me a bad person? lol.

Pat the Bunny
April 14th, 2017, 05:36 PM
Like all my favorite movies are sad and mad emotional so I'm gonna say it's a tie between End of Evangelion and Everything Will Be Alright in the End, which are both like slightly experimental animated films and both friggin great but also i cant really explain any of them

owl__city
April 16th, 2017, 06:10 AM
Well Holocaust movies are always emotional, even though there are some that aren't.
I think "The Pianist" is also an emotional movie as well.
also:
Saving Private Ryan, Stand By Me, Finding Neverland, Titanic (I KNOW....)

Lucy G
May 24th, 2017, 10:02 AM
Beaches

Emerald Dream
May 24th, 2017, 10:48 AM
I thought Glory was pretty emotional :cry:

PinkFloyd
May 26th, 2017, 06:19 PM
I thought Glory was pretty emotional :cry:

Yes, Glory is an amazing movie. I remember watching it at the end of my 8th grade year.

Tyler97
May 31st, 2017, 10:21 AM
A dog's purpose is the most recent emotional movie, but the most ever is E.T, followed closely by Old Yeller.

azurzg
June 1st, 2017, 09:38 AM
E.T.

Blackwell2003
June 2nd, 2017, 11:54 AM
Beethoven

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 01:31 AM
Grave of the Fireflies

Omnomnom
June 10th, 2017, 06:54 AM
The Green Mile. That totally teared me up.

JessC
June 11th, 2017, 11:23 AM
About Time

Barbara.
June 11th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Angel flight. Oh my god what a tear jerker

robertd2001
June 13th, 2017, 08:13 AM
The Lives of Others (2006)

Blank_
June 14th, 2017, 12:29 PM
The ending of Schindler's List wrenched my heart out tbh, another extremely sad movie is Good Will Hunting, those are like the only two movies that have made me cry

PinkFloyd
June 14th, 2017, 11:40 PM
The ending of Schindler's List wrenched my heart out tbh, another extremely sad movie is Good Will Hunting, those are like the only two movies that have made me cry

Dude I lost it when Schindler kept saying how he could have saved more people until he broke down crying and the people he saved all came to his aide and hugged him. I'm not a very emotional person, but that was some real stuff.

Roc a fella
June 16th, 2017, 12:31 AM
Shrek

Trivium
June 16th, 2017, 12:51 AM
I just watched Logan. That did it.

rbw00
June 16th, 2017, 10:35 PM
I'm not really one to get emotional about movies, but man, Interstellar really got me.

biboy_unsure
June 16th, 2017, 10:51 PM
hands down... "The Cure"

If you don't cry watching that movie you don't have a soul or a heart.

JacoboBlandonPineda
June 17th, 2017, 03:54 AM
Camino, a 2008 spanish film about a girl named Alexia González-Barros, who died in 1985 because of spinal cancer. I never was so emotional watching anything until I saw this film. You have to watch it.

Also, The Boy In The Stripped Pajamas, Mary and Max are also pretty high in the list.

Nadin
June 17th, 2017, 05:45 PM
I would say Forest Gump.

JacoboBlandonPineda
June 19th, 2017, 01:05 AM
I would say Forrest Gump.

Oh yeah, that one too.

DriveAlive
June 19th, 2017, 01:15 AM
Lion, both of the Guardians of the Galaxy movies, and 12 Years a Slave

Lucy G
June 23rd, 2017, 08:36 AM

I couldn't bear to watch SL but I saw GWH and thought it was really emotional

CaptRafiki
June 23rd, 2017, 02:41 PM
Forrest Gump is the only movie that has shed a tear from my eye. The scene with Forrest asking Jenny if little Forrest is "like me" (like big Forrest) is so emotional and it really emphasizes what a great actor Tom Hanks is.

TheSmokingMan
July 8th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Some that hit me with a lot of emotion are:

- Ruby Sparks
- Hope Springs
- Braveheart

There are more I'm sure, but the emotions that these conjure up every time I watch them are striking. It's not always bawling my eyes out, but there are defiantly emotions being had. Great. Now I want to watch Braveheart.

nebula
July 9th, 2017, 09:08 AM
Probably joined between Hachiko: A Dog's Tale and Schlinder's List. Boy in Striped Pyjamas is also quite emotional for me.

TheSmokingMan
July 10th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Probably joined between Hachiko: A Dog's Tale and Schlinder's List. Boy in Striped Pyjamas is also quite emotional for me.

Those are all biggies in the emotional category...

Jinglebottom
July 17th, 2017, 06:10 PM
Hachi: A Dog's Tale made me bawl in the end.

loki2000
August 13th, 2017, 08:28 AM
The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things

The Byrd
August 13th, 2017, 02:51 PM
I watch so few films that I'm struggling to find one that I find seriously emotional so my pick will have to be Toy Story 3 :D

Diana2002
August 18th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Schlinder's List a year or so ago and it still haunts me