PDA

View Full Version : Car Accidents

Cognizant
April 11th, 2017, 05:24 AM
Have you ever been in a car accident, either caused by you or not?
When I was learning to drive I backed into things a couple of times (including my neighbors car...twice), but I've only had two accidents, both in my Camry:

1) On a dark stormy night, I was merging onto a freeway when the onramp curved more than I expected it to, so I was going too fast to keep traction around the curve, slid out, and slammed into the side wall. I seriously f*cked my car up, did about $1,000 worth of damage to the bumper, CV joint and lower control arm. The airbags didn't go off and nobody got hurt! Now I drive like a grandma in the rain :P

2) some dumbass wasn't paying attention in rush hour traffic and bumped into the back of me. I initially let him off the hook without getting info because I didn't see any damage on either of our cars, but he actually knocked one of my brake light bulbs loose and it fell into the housing. My mechanic had to actually take apart the brake light assembly to get the bulb out. He also scratched my bumper, but that car is so beat up that it didn't really matter to me.

Thankfully nothing yet in my civic!

CosmicNoodle
April 13th, 2017, 03:30 PM
One time on my bike I low sided (rear wheel lost traction and slid out) at about 10 mph and landed on my leg, the result of which was that now at random times my knee will give out and I casually fall over.

Exciting I know

PinkFloyd
May 1st, 2017, 11:39 PM
1. I was crossing four lanes of traffic, and got t-boned by a pick-up truck. They hit a strong part of my frame, (I drive a compact Mazda 3 by the way) and ended up totaling their 06 Chevy Silverado 2500. It was like a hot knife through butter. That or like a man stepping on a lego on a hard floor. They hit me going about 25 miles per hour. No one was hurt, but I was at fault.

2. This lady was backing out of her driveway, hit a patch of ice, and hit my quarter panel. There was no major damage, but it was about $600 worth of repairs. She was at fault.

3. This was a bad one. I was originally in the hospital for dehydration. They put me on some medication which was pretty strong. They forgot to tell me to not drive or operate heavy machinery for the next 48 hours, so I woke up at 7 AM the next morning to go to work. I got there fine and without any warning signs of anything bad. Well, on my way home, I began to feel really tired. It wasn't to the point where I thought I shouldn't be driving, so I kept driving to my house. In my neighborhood, I passed out, which caused me to lose control of my car. I crossed the center line and crashed head-on into a parked tow truck. No one other than me was hurt. Airbags went off and it was really bad. My chest still hurts to this day. It happened last July. I miss my 2012 Mazda 3... :( Her name was Grey Goose and I loved her.

Cognizant
May 2nd, 2017, 03:35 AM
1. I was crossing four lanes of traffic, and got t-boned by a pick-up truck. They hit a strong part of my frame, (I drive a compact Mazda 3 by the way) and ended up totaling their 06 Chevy Silverado 2500. It was like a hot knife through butter. That or like a man stepping on a lego on a hard floor. They hit me going about 25 miles per hour. No one was hurt, but I was at fault.

2. This lady was backing out of her driveway, hit a patch of ice, and hit my quarter panel. There was no major damage, but it was about $600 worth of repairs. She was at fault.

3. This was a bad one. I was originally in the hospital for dehydration. They put me on some medication which was pretty strong. They forgot to tell me to not drive or operate heavy machinery for the next 48 hours, so I woke up at 7 AM the next morning to go to work. I got there fine and without any warning signs of anything bad. Well, on my way home, I began to feel really tired. It wasn't to the point where I thought I shouldn't be driving, so I kept driving to my house. In my neighborhood, I passed out, which caused me to lose control of my car. I crossed the center line and crashed head-on into a parked tow truck. No one other than me was hurt. Airbags went off and it was really bad. My chest still hurts to this day. It happened last July. I miss my 2012 Mazda 3... :( Her name was Grey Goose and I loved her.
Oh my god I'm glad you're okay!

jdhud024
May 23rd, 2017, 11:35 PM
September 2016 I was merging into traffic after leaving a gas station, was in the middle turn lane (I was crossing four lanes on a busy day), and a car cuts across two lanes to get into the turn lane as I'm merging out. I had my blinker on, and when I looked like two seconds before they were in the farthest right lane. My passenger front bumper clipped the rear of their car, fucked their car up bad, my F250 didn't even get hurt that bad. Just needed a new front bumper and headlight, and they needed a new axle. Everyone was ok, but I remembered why I like driving F250s, they're tanks. Got the damage fixed in October, thankfully.

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 09:19 PM
When I was 6 or 7, a car hit the front of my dad's car. I don't remember much - only that we went to the police station to report it.