PDA

View Full Version : High school football kickers

DarkKnight16
April 10th, 2017, 05:23 PM
So I'm going to try out for another position on the football team(I'm already on the team and I play cornerback). I'm looking to try out being a kicker. Do you guys have any tips or suggestions for it. I got plenty of time to practice. The season starts in August.

Devinsoccer
April 10th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Make sure you streach your legs out a lot, practice your kicking, if your punting, let go of the ball with a little bit of spin so when you kick it, it won't slide off your foot. Also, work on your aim, that is the best thing to do for a kicker. Make sure you don't over extend you legs on your follow through, or miss the ball. Easy pulled hammies from that. If you want to start off kicking, use a soccer ball, get the motion down with that, then go to the football, and kick with that. Soccer balls are a good tool, cause their ment to be kicked, as a football is ment to be thrown. Practicing your tequnique is my best advice, if you get hurt and can't play foitball anymore, join your band for the next season, free football games.

DarkKnight16
April 10th, 2017, 08:14 PM
Devinsoccer, Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the the tips.

Devinsoccer
April 10th, 2017, 08:37 PM
Devinsoccer, Thanks a lot man, I appreciate the the tips.

I'm a goalkeeper and every once in a while, I'll play football, I'm normaly the punter.

DarkKnight16
April 10th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Cool, I figured that's where Devinsoccer comes from? How long you did you play soccer?