PDA

View Full Version : incontinence ama

miahere
April 10th, 2017, 04:50 PM
Hey everyone, recently I did an ama on Reddit about my condition and decided to do it here.
I've been both bowel and bladder incontinent most of my life and deal with it by wearing incontinence briefs 24/7, my bowel accidents are very frequent and happen 3-4 times a day, Every night I have a bowel accident which I don't wake up for which makes mornings hard for me.. Ask me anything!

Devinsoccer
April 10th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Wear pull ups and get it checked out by a doctor, see what he/she cab do about it.

miahere
April 10th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Wear pull ups and get it checked out by a doctor, see what he/she cab do about it.

Actually I've consulted with the doctors and this is the safest way to deal with it without taking a risk with surgery. Unfortunately pullups are really inadequate for the incontinence I have, I use heavy duty adult briefs which are the best to manage sever incontinence like mine, yes they are a lot thicker and bulkier but taped briefs is my only choice at the moment.
Thanks for the advice anyway :p

Devinsoccer
April 10th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Actually I've consulted with the doctors and this is the safest way to deal with it without taking a risk with surgery. Unfortunately pullups are really inadequate for the incontinence I have, I use heavy duty adult briefs which are the best to manage sever incontinence like mine, yes they are a lot thicker and bulkier but taped briefs is my only choice at the moment.
Thanks for the advice anyway :p

No problem, seems like you have a lot to deal with. I hope you find something better or easier soon. I also hope that you will get better. I'll keep you in my prayers.

miahere
April 14th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Thanks..... The past year the incontinence has gotten a little worse but I'm managing it. Ice had to c products already to a more absorbent brief. Anyway thanks

DerpyGirl
April 14th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Do you have any control,at all or does food and liquid go right through you. Can you tell when you have to pee/poop? It sounds like a neurological condition. Have you been diagnosed with anything? I commend you for coming out and speaking about it on here. That's very grave. How old are you?

miahere
April 15th, 2017, 02:16 AM
Do you have any control,at all or does food and liquid go right through you. Can you tell when you have to pee/poop? It sounds like a neurological condition. Have you been diagnosed with anything? I commend you for coming out and speaking about it on here. That's very grave. How old are you?

Not that food and liquid go right through me but I don't have any control or feeling. So I don't know when it's going to happen, and it's very unpredictable even if I go on specific eating times. It's not neurological, I have damaged sphinctor muscles and nerves endings down there. It is really hard to talk about but at least it's a little bit easier online..... I'm now in college, taking a break at the moment because throughout​the past year the incontinence has gotten a little worse and I needed a break to come to terms with it because it affects a lot of things in my life.

I have to carry a bag with 4-5 changes of briefs and cleaning supplies..... It's just really hard because wearing thick briefs 24/7 is really frustrating. Limits clothing choices and even activities sometimes....