PDA

View Full Version : Camera with flip LCD screen

DerpyGirl
April 8th, 2017, 02:57 PM
I'm looking to get a new camera to possibly start making YouTube videos and I'd like one with a screen where I can see if I'm in the shot. I'm looking for the best quality camera I can get video-wise for $300-$400. Good audio is also a must Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Phosphene
April 8th, 2017, 06:09 PM
Photography :arrow2: Tech Junky's Paradise

Andre1998
April 9th, 2017, 05:42 AM
Nikon d5600, Canon 80D
300-400$ is pretty little money for a camera and the onboard audio especially in that price range is totally unacceptable, which means you'll need a separate microphone no matter what camera you get. Keep in mind that audio is the most important thing in videos of any kind. Did you consider getting a separate monitor?

DerpyGirl
April 9th, 2017, 02:32 PM
I'm okay with a separate microphone as long as it's all within that price range. I've been looking at the Canon sx60 which is $450 and has built-in mic but I don't know how good that would be, maybe good enough. It also has an audio input for an external microphone. I think a DSLR might be too much for what I intend to use it for

Andre1998
April 9th, 2017, 07:00 PM
The SX60 is a Superzoom, isn't it? Why would you need a Superzoom?
(Something that I would recommend for a YouTube camera is 60p video btw)
What do you wanna use it for? If you just wanna make videos were you basically sit in front of the camera and talk, a Superzoom is definitely the wrong decision, as well as for vlogging.

DerpyGirl
April 9th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Yes I would use it for vlogs/YouTube videos but I could use it for so much else too if the need arises. Do I really need a $1200 DSLR like the 80D for vlogs? I appreciate your help but your suggestions seem way more than what I need or can afford

Andre1998
April 10th, 2017, 09:05 AM
These are just some new examples. I e.g. use the d5200 by Nikon. The SX60 is a relatively big and heavy camera. And I don't think that you need 1365 mm focal length. I have a 150mm focal length lense and it's more than enough. For vlogging and YouTube videos you're barely gonna need more than 50mm. But if you think you want that camera feel free to buy whatever you want. I'm just saying that a DSLR is definitely a better decision than the SX60. My suggestions were a little too high and I'm sorry for that. But I the Canon rebel t4i would be in that price range and shoots much better videos.

DerpyGirl
April 10th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Thank you for your advice and suggestions. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as rude in my last post. I understand what you mean and maybe the long zoom camera would be overkill. I have been considering the rebel series and even the Canon g7x which seems to be popular among Youtubers but again, a bit out of my price range. Guess I'll save up

LRSSS02
July 12th, 2017, 08:54 PM
Thank you for your advice and suggestions. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to come across as rude in my last post. I understand what you mean and maybe the long zoom camera would be overkill. I have been considering the rebel series and even the Canon g7x which seems to be popular among YouTubers but again, a bit out of my price range. Guess I'll save up

that's all that you can do

DerpyGirl
July 12th, 2017, 09:58 PM
I decided to save for the Panasonic g7. I've heard it's a great camera for a fairly cheap price

Phosphene
July 12th, 2017, 10:07 PM
This thread was bumped :locked: