PDA

View Full Version : I have too many ideas!

Brightwolf
April 7th, 2017, 09:47 PM
I have a lot of book/series ideas and I don't know what I should start on first, the one I have most developed or the one that seems more interesting? Am I the only person with this problem?

KatieCO2003
April 7th, 2017, 10:01 PM
Hi wolf,

Hope you're doing well. I generally work on whatever project I'm passonate about at the moment. I usually have several going at once. Of course that means that it takes me a long time to finish anything. But I do much better work that way.

Amethyst Rose
April 7th, 2017, 10:11 PM
I jot down ideas for things to write and properly build on the one I feel most strongly about in that moment first. I don't like to work on multiple pieces of writing at the same time.

Seraph
April 9th, 2017, 01:51 PM
Hello Brightwolf.

I understand what problem you're facing, for I too have the same problem as you. I write Fantasy, Horror, Poetry, Science Fiction Teen Fiction and everything in between.

I myself many times remain confused upon which book I should start. This is why I work on all together, most of the times my mind would overflow with ideas and so I imbue them within my tales whenever the idea comes to me. For example, suppose I am writing horror when an idea pops into my mind about my fantasy story, I tarry my work and jot it down in my fantasy novel.

By the end of the week, I recheck all my work and then connect the points together thus completing my story. This tactic works for me.

PM me anytime you want if you need help with your stories or need ideas and such.

carlieta
July 15th, 2017, 01:18 AM
i tend to write short versions on various websites like wattpad or commaful and then depending on how i feel, usually ones comes alive and i end up just gong with it.

Flapjack
July 15th, 2017, 02:31 AM
I would make detailed notes on each of the stories so you can change them over time and won't forget it in a few months. As to what project to start first, I would pick most interesting for you unless you are really far along another!!!:)

Amethyst Rose
July 15th, 2017, 12:02 PM
This thread was bumped :locked: