PDA

View Full Version : Head rush?

Kooy
April 7th, 2017, 06:15 PM
When i stand up now and then i get really faint and my vision completely cuts out, depending on whether how often it is ill just stager and be light headed or ill fall. And then i have to sit and recovere waiting till i can see again. It happened at the doctors office recently when i was leaving and i fell into the wall. I had to sit out in the waiting room no one seen the fall so I wasn't questioned. I guess they thought my cyclic vomiting syndrome was acting up. (And trust me this isn't C.V.S. With that you atleast get a warning, this just happens out of the blue)

drhalsey1
April 7th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Not an expert but I know it happens sometimes to people if they stand up too fast, so maybe that is a cause for you, idk

BlackParadePixie
April 10th, 2017, 02:43 PM
Do you suffer from anemia? Or any other reason why you would have low energy?

Kooy
June 25th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Do you suffer from anemia? Or any other reason why you would have low energy?

Well I normally only ever eat once a day of that.. If no one reminds me to

Matryoshkasystem
June 25th, 2017, 07:41 PM
It's could due to low blood sugar potentially. I know in my family it occurs quite commonly-me,my mom, etc-. and what you described would make sense. Whenever I stand up and haven't had enough sugar recently, I have to either sit down, or my vison messes up-such as blotches of black sometimes it's so bad that I lose more than half my vision-. If this is the case then you need to eat more healthy sugars-such as applesauce,applejuice, anything with sugar that is healthy-.

Nadin
June 25th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Try eating less sugar.

Kooy
June 25th, 2017, 08:29 PM
It's could due to low blood sugar potentially. I know in my family it occurs quite commonly-me,my mom, etc-. and what you described would make sense. Whenever I stand up and haven't had enough sugar recently, I have to either sit down, or my vison messes up-such as blotches of black sometimes it's so bad that I lose more than half my vision-. If this is the case then you need to eat more healthy sugars-such as applesauce,applejuice, anything with sugar that is healthy-.

Try eating less sugar.

Okay. Maybe that will help with my hand shaking too

BlackParadePixie
June 25th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Well I normally only ever eat once a day of that.. If no one reminds me to
I'm sure you've heard this before...but that's not good for you. Food is not your enemy. Food provides your body with energy. You need it to survive.

Kooy
June 25th, 2017, 09:55 PM
I'm sure you've heard this before...but that's not good for you. Food is not your enemy. Food provides your body with energy. You need it to survive.

I don't actively try not to eat (anymore) it just sorta happens. I forget food is a thing and that i have to eat.

JoeyJ
June 26th, 2017, 10:33 PM
Take in more sugar, and drink more water

KatieCO2003
June 27th, 2017, 12:01 AM
If this happens when you stand up suddenly, I can think of two things. Either low blood pressure which could be caused by dehydration, but also a million other things. Or, if you get really dizzy or disoriented or feel like the floor is moving or spinning under you, it could be a form of Miniere's Desease. Some forms of it are related to the fluid pressure in your iner ear. And that can cause nausea, vomiting, falling, etc. In any event, its time to see the Dr about it.

maddogmj77
June 27th, 2017, 08:23 AM
This is most likely due to you being skinny & having low blood pressure.

When you stand up, all the blood gets pulled down & away from your head. With low blood pressure, it takes more time for the blood to get properly flowing again. This is what causes the head rush & fading vision.

I also suffer from this sometimes. I get the head rush & my vision can go completely black. I haven't fainted or fallen, but I have had to "fall" to the ground and stand up slower in order to keep myself from actually fainting or falling.

Kooy
June 27th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Take in more sugar, and drink more water

I am always dehydrated do to cyclic vomiting syndrome

If this happens when you stand up suddenly, I can think of two things. Either low blood pressure which could be caused by dehydration, but also a million other things. Or, if you get really dizzy or disoriented or feel like the floor is moving or spinning under you, it could be a form of Miniere's Desease. Some forms of it are related to the fluid pressure in your iner ear. And that can cause nausea, vomiting, falling, etc. In any event, its time to see the Dr about it.

Possibly low bloodpresher and dehydration

This is most likely due to you being skinny & having low blood pressure.

When you stand up, all the blood gets pulled down & away from your head. With low blood pressure, it takes more time for the blood to get properly flowing again. This is what causes the head rush & fading vision.

I also suffer from this sometimes. I get the head rush & my vision can go completely black. I haven't fainted or fallen, but I have had to "fall" to the ground and stand up slower in order to keep myself from actually fainting or falling.

I think you hit the nail in the coffin

ItsJustSomeone
June 30th, 2017, 11:56 PM
I agree with the above... it seems like your situation here is low blood pressure due to your lack of food intake. Your blood sugar could be influencing this, too- I know I had similar symptoms to yours due to low blood sugar. If you ever have an episode like this again, could you perhaps try to have a small snack afterwards? Suck on some hard candy, or drink juice? It could help. It would really be best if you at least had some small meals throughout the day, though, even if it's just a bit of fruit. You need the energy to survive. I truly hope you get better soon.

Sere
July 1st, 2017, 12:32 AM
Saw this on today's posts, I have low blood sugar and u get light headed pretty easily. Like really easily now that I think about it... Though I've only had a black out of my vision once or twice. I've been eating less since I'll just sorta forget when I'm sucked into a game or the internet. When I have the light headedness happen I see a little bit blurry and sorta an ear ring he t I don't know how to describe it rn. Could also be from my visual snow but who knows at this point. I see the og post is a bit old, any relief so far?

U ---> i***
Posts merged. ~Endeavour

devotionnel
July 1st, 2017, 05:30 AM
I have iron deficiency anemia and suffer from this quite a lot but maybe not to your extent. Like the other posters try and increase your water intake and eat foods with a high water content (like cucumber). Would also recommend incorporating more iron in your diet like red meat, nuts, beans and pulses. It'll hopefully do your body wonders.

Flapjack
July 1st, 2017, 06:20 AM
I have never experienced this and I could take a guess on what it is based on what you've said and what others have commented here but pleaseeeee go to a doctor!!!! Your vision is not something you want to risk buddy!! Even if it is just low blood presure like people have said, you still need to see a doctor about that!

Kooy
July 1st, 2017, 06:11 PM
I agree with the above... it seems like your situation here is low blood pressure due to your lack of food intake. Your blood sugar could be influencing this, too- I know I had similar symptoms to yours due to low blood sugar. If you ever have an episode like this again, could you perhaps try to have a small snack afterwards? Suck on some hard candy, or drink juice? It could help. It would really be best if you at least had some small meals throughout the day, though, even if it's just a bit of fruit. You need the energy to survive. I truly hope you get better soon.

Yeah haven't had it all that much lately.

Saw this on today's posts, I have low blood sugar and u get light headed pretty easily. Like really easily now that I think about it... Though I've only had a black out of my vision once or twice. I've been eating less since I'll just sorta forget when I'm sucked into a game or the internet. When I have the light headedness happen I see a little bit blurry and sorta an ear ring he t I don't know how to describe it rn. Could also be from my visual snow but who knows at this point. I see the og post is a bit old, any relief so far?

U ---> i***

You get it too? And yeah some relief.

I have iron deficiency anemia and suffer from this quite a lot but maybe not to your extent. Like the other posters try and increase your water intake and eat foods with a high water content (like cucumber). Would also recommend incorporating more iron in your diet like red meat, nuts, beans and pulses. It'll hopefully do your body wonders.

According to blood test i have too much iorn in my my system.. But Yeah remembering to eat.

I have never experienced this and I could take a guess on what it is based on what you've said and what others have commented here but pleaseeeee go to a doctor!!!! Your vision is not something you want to risk buddy!! Even if it is just low blood presure like people have said, you still need to see a doctor about that!

Been to the doctor and because of my cyclical vomiting syndrome they normally blame it