PDA

View Full Version : U.S Launches Missiles Into Syrian Base After Chemical Weapons Attack

Mars
April 6th, 2017, 10:45 PM
The United States launched dozens of cruise missiles Thursday night at a Syrian airfield in response to what it believes was Syria's use of banned chemical weapons that killed at least 100 people, the U.S. military said.

Two U.S. warships in the Mediterranean Sea, the USS Ross and the USS Porter, fired 59 Tomahawk missiles intended for a single target — Shayrat Airfield in Homs province in western Syria, the Defense Department said. That's the airfield from which the United States believes the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad fired the banned weapons...

[Read More Here (http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u-s-launches-missiles-syrian-base-after-chemical-weapons-attack-n743636)]

So basically we just hit a base in Syria. Great. Fucking fantastic. Not like that's god damn reckless or anything right? Not like we're starting shit with Russia now right? God damnit

Porpoise101
April 6th, 2017, 10:55 PM
This rule (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Powers_Resolution) makes it so the US cannot have an extended military operation until we have a big fight on Capitol Hill.

Prepare for a big fight on Capitol Hill.

PlasmaHam
April 6th, 2017, 11:24 PM
Gotta admit, I didn't see this happening, especially so soon after Trump's change of heart on the issue. I just hope this doesn't result in some prolonged military action, since the last couple in the region haven't gone exactly well, and the last thing we need is another Middle East power vacuum. Ideally these actions help pressure Putin into taking Assad into accountability, and we can leave the Russians to deal with the long term issues in Syria.

I have to wonder if this was more of a political move than anything. Just think about it, Trump just did in 3 months what liberals and the Republican hawks wanted Obama to do for the last 3 years. I wonder how well the liberal media is going to respond to this act against Syria. This also goes to further dispel the notion that Trump will just be a push-over when it comes to Russia and Putin. On the more global scale, this will certainly change the assertion that Trump is just a man of empty threats, which may bode well with both Russia and North Korean dealings, and will also establish him as a legitimate US president. Politically, this looks like wins all around for Trump.

mattsmith48
April 7th, 2017, 12:25 AM
I think Putin is gonna start having buyer's remorse on Trump. This is not gonna end well.

Periphery
April 7th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Well, this will either turn out to be really stupid or turn out well. Assad has to pay, and they can't just leave him alone allowing him to gas civilians. This war in Syria has been going on for far too long and if other countries don't do anything about it it won't get solved. I'm against wars, and wars don't solve other wars, but just watching how Syria is completely ravaged and watching how Assad is commiting war crimes without doing anything about it doesn't help either.

mattsmith48
April 7th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Well, this will either turn out to be really stupid or turn out well. Assad has to pay, and they can't just leave him alone allowing him to gas civilians. This war in Syria has been going on for far too long and if other countries don't do anything about it it won't get solved. I'm against wars, and wars don't solve other wars, but just watching how Syria is completely ravaged and watching how Assad is commiting war crimes without doing anything about it doesn't help either.

As horrible that gas attack was, the US were not attacked and had no right to do what they did. If defeating ISIS is a priority of President Pussy Grabber, doing stupid things like this is counter productive and will only help terrorist groups in the region.

PlasmaHam
April 7th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Nice to see that the Left finally realized the fallacy of toppling Middle Eastern leaders.

mattsmith48
April 7th, 2017, 01:41 PM
It crossed a lot of lines for me when you kill innocent children...

That's a quote from Trump when he commented on the gas attack. That is something that I hope we can all agree on that you shouldn't kill innocent children.

So turns out Trump's terrorist attack on Syria last night killed four children adding to the 10 that he killed in Yemen a couple of months.

Mars
April 7th, 2017, 02:27 PM
That's a quote from Trump when he commented on the gas attack. That is something that I hope we can all agree on that you shouldn't kill innocent children.

So turns out Trump's terrorist attack on Syria last night killed four children adding to the 10 that he killed in Yemen a couple of months.

Source for that? I read that only 6 or some people died

Jinglebottom
April 7th, 2017, 02:45 PM
Damn it Assad, don't let those fumes spread to here you moron!!

PlasmaHam
April 7th, 2017, 03:02 PM

The details are sketchy. Most sources say 5-6 died, while Syrian state TV claims that 9 died, including 4 children. Given that Syrian state TV is really just pro-government propaganda, I won't give the report much credence.

mattsmith48
April 7th, 2017, 04:08 PM

The details are sketchy. Most sources say 5-6 died, while Syrian state TV claims that 9 died, including 4 children. Given that Syrian state TV is really just pro-government propaganda, I won't give the report much credence.

I've seen sources with that all the way up to 16 people, most will say either 9 or 6 including 3 or 4 children.

mattsmith48
April 7th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Two warplanes took off from a central Syrian airbase Friday hours after it was struck by US missiles and carried out bombing raids nearby, a monitoring group said...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/jets-launch-raids-syria-hit-us-monitor-191738343.html

Sonicomsk
April 8th, 2017, 03:21 AM
I have a feeling that won't finish well.
but I ususally overdramatize things huh

Exocet
April 8th, 2017, 06:45 AM

The western world isn't any better. We like to show how clean and nice we are compared to others,but who dropped atomic bombs on civilians ? Who used napalm ? Who used depleted uranium ? But yeah,the others are more evil.

Periphery
April 8th, 2017, 11:19 AM
The western world isn't any better. We like to show how clean and nice we are compared to others,but who dropped atomic bombs on civilians ? Who used napalm ? Who used depleted uranium ? But yeah,the others are more evil.

I'm not saying we're the good guys, because we obviously aren't. Belgium gtfo of Syria aswell, after what Trump pulled off. I'm not even sure what to think about this anymore. Our government has always been a dissapointment but right now IS is just getting chances thrown straight at them

Just JT
April 8th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Simple solution

Take all the bully world leaders and drop them all nude in the middle of the desert someplace. They each get a hunting knife, .45 with 6 loaded clips, and a book of matches

He who becomes the leader in that group wins

But the winner requires the UN and USA approval lol!!