PDA

View Full Version : Losing weight

EssentialAspiration
April 5th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Okay so I joined a gym with the intention to have a more healthy lifestyle and lose some weight. Now going to the gym itself I am fine with i enjoy it and work hard. However I am struggling to not eat junk food at home. I managed for 2 days but then caved. I suppose eating junk food and hen burning calories at the gym is better than eating it and not burning any but it's not great for losing weight. Any advice?

sketchyheart
April 5th, 2017, 09:53 PM
Actually, from someone on a weight loss journey herself, weight loss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. While working out is just as important, it will not work if you just exercise and eat junk.

I have a huge binging problem that I'm doing my best to work on, and what you need to do is keep a food diary. This will help you figure out what makes you cave so that say you'll be able to avoid it.

BlackParadePixie
April 6th, 2017, 02:33 PM
try to associate positive goals you meet with healthy snacks, and not junk food.

Matryoshkasystem
April 6th, 2017, 09:11 PM
Try to slowly wean yourself off, if you naturally don't stop eating junk food. I stopped eating pretty much any junk food-except for as dessert-, naturally. Try a slower approach to see if you can make your body,over time, stop craving junk food. Since usually, when you suddenly stop something its used to, it'll cause insane amounts of desire to do it.