PDA

View Full Version : Feeling trapped

sketchyheart
April 2nd, 2017, 11:45 PM
Okay this is kind of hard to explain but like, I have a group chat with some friends. And I really, really wish I'd never joined it.
Ever since I'd started talking to them again, I've been feeling empty, sad, alone, depressed, angry, etc. My depression is starting to come back.

And I know what you're going to tell me, to talk to them about it. I have. So many times. They didn't listen and blamed me completely, and I ended up APOLOGISING to them for it.
I want more than anything to leave this chat and to just cut them off, but the catch? These girls are my cousins too, and our families are really close. I literally can't escape them and it is breaking my soul.

I was thinking maybe to just cut them off via texting, social media etc but the thought how they'll react terrifies me. I feel so trapped. Help me.

PiercedGirl04
April 3rd, 2017, 12:06 AM
If they're making you feel this way, cut them off.

Just JT
April 3rd, 2017, 03:18 AM
That's tough. Especially when it's family. I don't think I'd cut them off from everything....yet... maybe just stop responding to all the group chat and posts. At least for a little while. Then see how you feel. It could be just like a temporary thing and you might regret cutting them off

But don't ever apologize for how you feel....ever, it's how you feel, nothing to be sorry for

sketchyheart
April 3rd, 2017, 07:06 AM
That's tough. Especially when it's family. I don't think I'd cut them off from everything....yet... maybe just stop responding to all the group chat and posts. At least for a little while. Then see how you feel. It could be just like a temporary thing and you might regret cutting them off

But don't ever apologize for how you feel....ever, it's how you feel, nothing to be sorry for

That's not a bad idea. I hope I have enough self control to stay out of the chats for a few days. If I end up doing better without em though, I'll have to leave. They can talk to me individually if they wish (I highly doubt they will though) but it's impossible to handle them all together.

Thank you for the advice, I very much appreciate it :)

Just JT
April 3rd, 2017, 09:24 AM
That's not a bad idea. I hope I have enough self control to stay out of the chats for a few days. If I end up doing better without em though, I'll have to leave. They can talk to me individually if they wish (I highly doubt they will though) but it's impossible to handle them all together.

Thank you for the advice, I very much appreciate it :)

Your welcome!! Good luck and don't be affairs d to update us

But also, if you feel better after a few days, don't mean you need to stop all together. Maybe kinda take a look at it and place a personal limit to start with. Like if you were doing 10 posts a day, but down to like 2. And leave it there. If that's making you feel better then looks like that was a problem. And also not cutting family out of your life all together

But also you got someone to talk to? It helps sometimes. Depression is tough and never should be done alone

sketchyheart
April 3rd, 2017, 12:20 PM
Your welcome!! Good luck and don't be affairs d to update us

But also, if you feel better after a few days, don't mean you need to stop all together. Maybe kinda take a look at it and place a personal limit to start with. Like if you were doing 10 posts a day, but down to like 2. And leave it there. If that's making you feel better then looks like that was a problem. And also not cutting family out of your life all together

But also you got someone to talk to? It helps sometimes. Depression is tough and never should be done alone

I have family members who say, you know "you can talk to me" or "you can trust me" but they've proved to be not understanding at all and very untrustworthy so unfortunately I have no one to talk to. I've been handling it pretty well on my own though so that's good.

Just JT
April 3rd, 2017, 01:40 PM
I have family members who say, you know "you can talk to me" or "you can trust me" but they've proved to be not understanding at all and very untrustworthy so unfortunately I have no one to talk to. I've been handling it pretty well on my own though so that's good.

Well I guess I was taking about like a professional counselor or something. That's probably not stuff you wana share with someone so close ATM

sketchyheart
April 3rd, 2017, 04:28 PM
Well I guess I was taking about like a professional counselor or something. That's probably not stuff you wana share with someone so close ATM

Unfortunately, no I don't have a professional or anyone like that to talk to. It's one of the reasons I joined this site.

Just JT
April 3rd, 2017, 04:59 PM
Well that's a start, but keep in mind there's no professionals here. This is more a self help thing.
In school, I'm sure your guidance counselor can help or at least where to seek more.
But yes your always free to chat here.
Let us know how it works for you ok?

sketchyheart
April 3rd, 2017, 05:54 PM
Well that's a start, but keep in mind there's no professionals here. This is more a self help thing.
In school, I'm sure your guidance counselor can help or at least where to seek more.
But yes your always free to chat here.
Let us know how it works for you ok?

I understand, thanks so much for the advice. I'll let you know how things work out!

Chaosphere
April 25th, 2017, 12:41 AM
Okay this is kind of hard to explain but like, I have a group chat with some friends. And I really, really wish I'd never joined it.
Ever since I'd started talking to them again, I've been feeling empty, sad, alone, depressed, angry, etc. My depression is starting to come back.

And I know what you're going to tell me, to talk to them about it. I have. So many times. They didn't listen and blamed me completely, and I ended up APOLOGISING to them for it.
I want more than anything to leave this chat and to just cut them off, but the catch? These girls are my cousins too, and our families are really close. I literally can't escape them and it is breaking my soul.

I was thinking maybe to just cut them off via texting, social media etc but the thought how they'll react terrifies me. I feel so trapped. Help me.
In the end, them reacting negatively is an assumption. The fact that you'll be closer to free of them if you cut them off is a guarantee. Sever the ties. If they're hurting you, you have to prevent them from doing so, or at least come as close as possible. If they think that little of you, they won't care enough to retaliate. It's your life and happiness. Don't let them hold you back. You have at least a few people here rooting for you. :D