PDA

View Full Version : Do your parents know?

Brightwolf
April 2nd, 2017, 01:27 PM
Do they? My mother does, she doesn't approve though. I'm tired of hiding it from my father...though there's the chance that he'd disown me and kick me out like he did to my cousin.

Just JT
April 2nd, 2017, 02:12 PM
Mine do.

Way I see it is why hide who you are from anyone. Either your living your life, or living a life someone else wants you to live.
And if they kick you out, well....your at least free to be who you really are without hiding it. And be happy
The losers will be them who lose their son

pjones
April 2nd, 2017, 05:39 PM
My parents knew before I did. Hope you can make your situation work for you

Amethyst Rose
April 2nd, 2017, 09:01 PM
No, they don't. Tbh I don't even know for sure myself.

PiercedGirl04
April 2nd, 2017, 09:55 PM
They know about some of what I've done.

sktrboychgo
April 4th, 2017, 09:51 AM
yup. they were cool with it. i feel pretty lucky, actually.

RavenTheGoddess
April 14th, 2017, 04:09 PM
I have the same fear of being disowned. It's more paranoia in my case and they haven't actually kicked anyone out for that, simply because there hasn't been an instance in which someone came out to my stepdad and his parents. The only one in the household that knows I'm MtF trans and bisexual is my mom. Outside of the household, all of my family knows, and they are perfectly fine with it. They live in another state though, which is unfortunate. Also my facebook friends know. A lot of them were pretty cool about it, the rest simply didn't comment, probably because they didn't see it.

euan35
April 17th, 2017, 05:15 AM
I came out to mum and it was probably one of the most emotionally challenging things I've done in my entire life. I think she's ok with it, but I'd like her to want to know more about me (like read about bisexuality, etc).

I'm sorry about your parents. I think it's really important to have a great support group of friends around you (who you trust and love). Hope this helps!

Jinglebottom
April 17th, 2017, 07:13 AM
No, but if they found out somehow, you're all invited to my funeral (and wear blue).

Brightwolf
April 17th, 2017, 08:12 AM
I came out to mum and it was probably one of the most emotionally challenging things I've done in my entire life. I think she's ok with it, but I'd like her to want to know more about me (like read about bisexuality, etc).

I'm sorry about your parents. I think it's really important to have a great support group of friends around you (who you trust and love). Hope this helps!

My mom has kinda this silent acceptance. I don't thing she likes me being like this, but she knows that I can't help it. Which is good.

Nico1715
April 17th, 2017, 08:16 AM
I already come to my best friend and that was easy but when it come to my mother it was so hard to tell her, i want to tell her but im afraid that she will tell my whole family.

Abyssal Echo
April 17th, 2017, 08:17 AM
Not saying that my moms happy about it.... yup they know.

carolinae
April 17th, 2017, 09:54 AM
They don't. My closest friend does, though, which kinda helps.

Glitterboy
April 17th, 2017, 05:20 PM
I know my parents will always love me no matter what, but i still havent told em

Raven Foxx
April 17th, 2017, 08:20 PM
I told my mom a few months ago. She didn't mind. My mom told my aunt and grandma, and they didn't mind. And my sister snooped on my mom and grandma, and she didn't mind, so I live in a house where my whole friggin' fam knows.

lemondrop
April 18th, 2017, 07:57 AM
No, but if they found out somehow, you're all invited to my funeral (and wear blue).

I'd wear yellow, have a good day Sir.

auser_name
April 18th, 2017, 12:36 PM
I've come out to my friends and my older sister but thats about it. I can't bare to talk about this with my parents. I don't know why, I just can't muster up the courage to do so.

Cognizant
April 18th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Everyone knows except my grandparents. My ex boyfriend was practically a member of the family. My parents and siblings are very accepting.

My grandparents, however, are harder for me to read. I don't want to risk it, particularly since I am considering the possibility of moving in with them. I'll probably try to slyly gather their opinions on topics first (like their stance on gay marriage, immigration, etc) before I make a decision to come out.

deleted101
April 19th, 2017, 01:58 AM
know what?

Brightwolf
April 19th, 2017, 01:49 PM
know what?

If you're gay/bi/whatever

SethfromMI
April 19th, 2017, 06:47 PM
yes my parents know I'm bi and were extremely accepting of me. I am super thankful and lucky to have the parents I do

Bull
April 19th, 2017, 07:37 PM
all my family knows I am bi and they know my bf and his family we are all friends. Like Seth, I am super grateful for an accepting family. My parents and brother went to gay pride events with me last summer.

deleted101
April 20th, 2017, 03:20 AM
If you're gay/bi/whatever

ah thanks, nah not rlly any of those...

loki2000
April 23rd, 2017, 05:08 PM
Well its just have my dad now... But he dont know..Iv`e never told any one...

KBar33
April 24th, 2017, 12:48 AM
My parent's don't know yet, but the plan is to tell them this summer, it's actually my new year's resolution to tell them before the year ends. I'm just tired of living a life that isn't according to my own rules. And I don't fear that I'll get disowned, but the way I look at it, if they are willing to kick their own son to the street because of something he doesn't have any control over and beacuse it's different, then they were shitty parents that I don't need in my life. Of course it's MUCH easier said than done, but if they take it poorly, pardon my french; FUCK EM'

geanyna
April 30th, 2017, 07:52 AM
yes my mom knows. maybe i should say i did stuff with a girl before i started with boys... and mom caught me and my best friend more than once while i was still a virgin. but we have always been open with each other plus she is bisexual herself, so its not a big deal at all!

SamanthaJames
April 30th, 2017, 01:54 PM
yes my mom knows. maybe i should say i did stuff with a girl before i started with boys... and mom caught me and my best friend more than once while i was still a virgin. but we have always been open with each other plus she is bisexual herself, so its not a big deal at all!

What were you and your bestie doing when mom caught you?

zack.zack
April 30th, 2017, 01:59 PM
My parents know and have known since I was a kid, but they waited until I came out to them. They have been very supportive of me and my sexuality and like me, they dont understand how a parent could disown or reject their own child for being who they are. Good luck with your dad.

Cangirl
May 2nd, 2017, 09:20 PM

thats almost like me! my mom knows and caught me with my best friend(s) doing things a couple times. We finally had a talk and she said its ok to experiment and if i said i was bi or lesbian thats ok with her and my dad. I'm pretty lucky that my parents are so accepting! i know it'd be so hard and I feel real bad for everybody who can't come out or where it wont be ok.

kanine
May 3rd, 2017, 01:01 AM
I actually came out earlier this year to everyone on facebook. Anyone who cares about me knows.

TWDjacob
May 6th, 2017, 05:41 PM
I'm pretty sure they have an idea but I haven't told them

Beltane1001
May 14th, 2017, 10:22 PM
My Dad isn't around but my mother knows. She said she knew before I did. She took it awesomely, but I know I'm the exception and not the rule. Our family is very accepting. But again, I know this is generally abnormal and all those who have closed minded parents have my sympathy.

danny87786
May 17th, 2017, 02:13 PM
No they don't and if I didn't have the noisest friends that planet earth have ever seen they don't deserve to know to. I'd want this to be my dirty little secret.

Sublime Demonz
May 17th, 2017, 07:45 PM
They do. It was a little rough at first but they came around fairly quickly. Sometimes I think they like my girlfriend more than they like me.

Tommy Lion
May 21st, 2017, 06:21 AM
My parents know I am bi, my whole family knows, my friends know. It is no problem al all. My parents talked to me about it and suggested that I am bi earlier than I knew the word and the meaning of it, haha. I have the best parents in the world!!

Andre1998
May 21st, 2017, 11:39 AM
Nah. Not really an important thing for them to know

Jamiec1130
May 26th, 2017, 01:55 PM
My parents don't know, but I've only been out to my friends for about 2 months now.

jdhud024
May 29th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Yep. Hell, my whole family knows, but thankfully they don't care. I think having my mother's brother, who is mid 40s, come out as transgender randomly made it easier for them to accept me lol.

Dalcourt
May 29th, 2017, 09:40 PM
My whole family knows they are okay with for the most part or at least indifferent about it.

My Dad always knew, even before I realised my sexuality and it was him to explain it to the rest of the family when I was still a kid.

Being open and honest about those things with family and other people who are important is essential for me since I don't want to live a lie or double life.

Theq3girl
May 30th, 2017, 09:26 PM
I never "came out" i just act like myself and if someone asks if I'm bi then I tell them I am. So I have no idea if my parents know, nor do I really care.

Marshmallow
May 31st, 2017, 12:09 AM
They think I am, have to practically beg them that I am not though because they are super against it

kyle2003
June 15th, 2017, 10:19 PM
My family knows that I am curious and it doesn't bother them.

kyle2003
June 15th, 2017, 10:21 PM
Do they? My mother does, she doesn't approve though. I'm tired of hiding it from my father...though there's the chance that he'd disown me and kick me out like he did to my cousin.

I hope your parents can find it within themselves to fully accept you.

Jspams
June 16th, 2017, 11:26 PM
I know they would be more than accepting, but I just don't see why that would matter in our relationship (aka why I would tell them), I'm not that close to them. I guess that has something to do with it.

Katrinchen
June 17th, 2017, 10:22 AM
I never "came out" i just act like myself and if someone asks if I'm bi then I tell them I am. So I have no idea if my parents know, nor do I really care.

yes - the same to me - had no "come out" but my friends knows, maybe my parents too ;):)

Jamiec1130
June 19th, 2017, 12:13 AM
My parents know, but they won't accept it for what it is. They think it's horrible, and I haven't been to church enough. I know who I am. They are OK with me having an "attraction" to the same sex, but I still (not to them) identify as bisexual.

Cloudyhue
July 2nd, 2017, 05:21 PM
Both of my parents know. I'm very grateful that they are pretty accepting of me.

LRSSS02
July 10th, 2017, 09:37 PM
i don't think my family knows