PDA

View Full Version : Katie in the Mountains

KatieCO2003
March 31st, 2017, 03:02 PM
Hello everyone,

I found this site a few weeks ago but just joined today. My name is Katie and I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere in the Rocky mountains. I like to make cute things, and also I'm a huge Disney fan.

Jay bay
March 31st, 2017, 03:41 PM
Welcome Katie. What's your favourite Disney Character then?

Claire Asteroid
March 31st, 2017, 03:59 PM
Welcome! Have you climbed to the top of the mountains? I bet there's a great view.

KatieCO2003
March 31st, 2017, 04:10 PM
Hello Jay.

I think Rapunzel is definately the most "me" (and I really want to cut my hair short like hers at the end of the movie). But I identify with Elsa as well. I guess because both of them are very isolated, yet wish they weren't.

Hi Claire.

I'm not much of a climber, and you'd need to be a serious one here. Most of the mountains around our ranch are over 12,000 ft (3,500m) and a few are over 14,000 ft (4200m). Yes, its snowing here right now. No, I can't ski (go figure... stuck in the ski capitol of the USA and I suck at it.)

What part of England are you in? I'm trying to learn more about the UK.

Posts merged. Please use the edit function next time. ~Amethyst Rose

zzzzzzzzzz
March 31st, 2017, 04:46 PM
Hi, welcome to VT :-)

Barbara.
March 31st, 2017, 05:52 PM
Welcome Katie to VT

Claire Asteroid
March 31st, 2017, 07:53 PM
I'm in the north. I've never skied either. There must be good things about the mountains even if you don't go to the top.

Amethyst Rose
March 31st, 2017, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the site c:

lliam
March 31st, 2017, 09:42 PM
http://worshiphousemedia.s3.amazonaws.com/images/main/s/mo/mow/mo/digitalmountainswelcome.jpg

Beauregard
March 31st, 2017, 09:44 PM
Welcome Katie have a great time here.

Desdemona
May 7th, 2017, 11:40 AM
Hello everyone,

I found this site a few weeks ago but just joined today. My name is Katie and I live pretty much in the middle of nowhere in the Rocky mountains. I like to make cute things, and also I'm a huge Disney fan.

Hi Katie. I am Desi from the desert somewhere in small town Arizona. It sounds like you live in a fantastic place. Do lowlanders who come to visit you gasp for breath at that altitude? I was once at 4000 feet and it felt like I had just exercised.

KatieCO2003
May 7th, 2017, 07:54 PM
Hi Katie. I am Desi from the desert somewhere in small town Arizona. It sounds like you live in a fantastic place. Do lowlanders who come to visit you gasp for breath at that altitude? I was once at 4000 feet and it felt like I had just exercised.

Its not very amazing unless you really like snow and cows. That's all that we have up here. And yeah, people who aren't used to the altitude can get really sick here. Our house is at 8,300 ft. Sometimes, even I get winded and altitude sick.

Desdemona
May 7th, 2017, 11:05 PM
Its not very amazing unless you really like snow and cows. That's all that we have up here. And yeah, people who aren't used to the altitude can get really sick here. Our house is at 8,300 ft. Sometimes, even I get winded and altitude sick.

I guess it can be lonely. When you can drive, it probably gets at least a little bit better. Are you homeschooled or is there a decent school nearby? I live in a very small place but everything except high school is close. For high school I will have to move to student housing. Looking forward to it as there isn't an enourmous amount of people my age here. I am also thinking of moving to DC to live with my mom instead in a year, but she is messy.

Saph24
May 8th, 2017, 05:27 AM
Welcome!
I'm new too, maybe newer :P

You have already more than a 100 posts... I hope I can enjoy it like you!