PDA

View Full Version : Voice changing

Michael M.
March 27th, 2017, 10:57 PM
I get made fun of a lot about my voice. When you went through puberty did you get made fun of your squeaky voice often?

PinkFloyd
March 28th, 2017, 12:20 AM
It's just one of those things you have to deal with for the time being. I'm 19 and my voice cracks every once in a while, I wanna say it happens once every few days. If people make fun of you, just say that it's normal and not a big deal.

scott2002
March 28th, 2017, 09:52 PM
It's been interesting to me that some guys seem to change real quick and other guys, the change in their voice seems to happen real slow and it's almost hard to notice they're changing at all. We still have a "land line" phone, so there were tomes I'd answer the phone and a few of my mom's friends were thinking I was my dad! They were surprised when I said it was me, and they'd say something to me like, "Wow, Scott, your voice sure has changed!"

Michael M.
March 29th, 2017, 12:56 AM
It's been interesting to me that some guys seem to change real quick and other guys, the change in their voice seems to happen real slow and it's almost hard to notice they're changing at all. We still have a "land line" phone, so there were tomes I'd answer the phone and a few of my mom's friends were thinking I was my dad! They were surprised when I said it was me, and they'd say something to me like, "Wow, Scott, your voice sure has changed!"

lol that's happened to me but people think I sound like my older brother

messid
March 29th, 2017, 07:04 PM
I didn't but thats because my voice changed pretty quickly and it didnt squeak often. I guess i got pretty lucky in that, lol

eric2001
March 29th, 2017, 07:40 PM
Mine started changing last year and it's maybe 75% done maybe.

pconnor
March 29th, 2017, 07:49 PM
Mine hasn't changed yet and neither has anything else. I am still small and smooth.

scott2002
March 29th, 2017, 09:46 PM
Mine hasn't changed yet and neither has anything else. I am still small and smooth.
Mine hadn't changed at all when I was 13 either. But I definitely sounded a lot different by the time I was 14 1/2.

Big O
March 29th, 2017, 10:35 PM
The only time my voice ever squeaked was when I yelled lol. Over time it will fade you just gotta let puberty do its thing.

mookie
March 30th, 2017, 06:54 PM
My dad teases me a little when I squeak :D

Angel_SuperFly
March 30th, 2017, 07:32 PM
mine started changing the summer going to 7th grade, so i was like around 12-13. i was in choir so i had a real high squeaky voice during 6th grade year then it changed over the summer and got deeper every year from there

Alan T
March 31st, 2017, 08:20 AM
I went through that at 13. I got laughed at when my voice cracked.

kyrocks03
April 1st, 2017, 08:48 AM
Mine cracks now quite a bit but I still sound like a seventh grader. It cracks when I'm yelling which is at baseball when i'm calling plays because I'm the catcher. Super embarrassing!

Brightwolf
April 1st, 2017, 01:09 PM
I get made fun of a lot about my voice. When you went through puberty did you get made fun of your squeaky voice often?

Oh yeah. All the time. I'm 18 and it still cracks (it was cracking a lot at 16), though not as much as it used too. Just try to ignore them, it'all die down eventually.

DocMcLovins
April 1st, 2017, 02:12 PM
I still haven't fully gone thru puberty but my voice is sorta low. Not like an adults but not like a lil kid. And my voice never really "changed". idk.

Yonah
April 5th, 2017, 06:55 AM
I ws lucky.When my voice broke last year I had a cold and a sore throat at the same time. I just avoided speaking and stayed in my room. When I came back to public I had a male voice.

Verwon2k17
May 4th, 2017, 12:23 AM
I just talked in falsetto until my voice finally settled at the age of 14, but I'm a singer, so it might have been easier for me to handle than a non-singing boy.

SethfromMI
May 4th, 2017, 06:36 AM
I didn't have too much of a squeaky voice, but yea, it would crack here and there and there was some good natured joking about it at times, esp when playing sports, but it was never mean spirited or anything

Falcons_11
May 4th, 2017, 08:41 AM
My voice began cracking about a year ago. When it started it bothered my throat cause it tickled and made me cough. Now it rarely cracks. I went from an alto to a tenor.

Tommy Lion
May 6th, 2017, 05:35 AM
When my voice broke I never really squeeked. I sounded a bit hoarse for a month, maybe two like I had a cold. And then during a ski trip it became much lower in less than two weeks. I was 11 and everybody was surprised when I came back.

SamMystic
May 6th, 2017, 06:52 AM
Haha all the time lol