PDA

View Full Version : Liberals to announce marijuana will be legal in Canada by July 2018

mattsmith48
March 27th, 2017, 10:35 AM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberal-legal-marijuana-pot-1.4041902

The Liberal government will announce legislation next month that will legalize marijuana in Canada by July 1, 2018.

CBC News has learned that the legislation will be announced during the week of April 10 and will broadly follow the recommendation of a federally appointed task force that was chaired by former liberal Justice Minister Anne McLellan.

Bill Blair, the former Toronto police chief who has been stickhandling the marijuana file for the government, briefed the Liberal caucus on the roll-out plan and the legislation during caucus meetings this weekend...

maddogmj77
April 1st, 2017, 08:18 AM
It's pretty sad how long it's taken everyone to come around on this.
Marijuana is literally the safest recreational-drug, no chance of overdose, no physical addiction.
Yet because it's been banned for so long, people have come to the conclusion that it 'must' be bad; "Why would it be banned in the first place?"
Yet we've legalized tobacco and alcohol, both being more addictive, & both causing numerous amounts of deaths & health complications.

“Its not a war on drugs, its a war on personal freedom is what it is, ok? Keep that in mind at all times. Thank you.” -Bill Hicks

I personally don't see the reason why ANY drug should be made illegal, it's just a waste of government spending.
If drugs cause someone to break another law, such as, stealing, to supply your drug habit, or having a psychotic-break & ending up hurting someone, then we need to put these people into mandatory recovery programs.

A problem with the U.S. prison system is that it only seeks to punish, not rehabilitate.
Most people who go to jail on drug charges have their whole life ruined, they aren't able to fit back into society, & they usually end up getting back on drugs again.

I may have gotten a bit off-topic but the whole thing just really pisses me off, lol.