PDA

View Full Version : sexually abused

raempu
February 25th, 2014, 09:18 AM
I have been sexually abused in the last summer vacation and it finally went a little bit better, I didn't think about it so much anymore, but now I am thinking about it a lot lately.
Does anyone have a tip that can help stop thinking about it so much?

Blood
February 25th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Try to keep yourself occupied by doing things you enjoy. Work out, read, write, walk your dogs, talk to friends. Those things help, but honestly it's always gonna be in the back of your mind. Time is the only thing that can make you not think about it as much in the long run.

Dalcourt
February 25th, 2014, 10:25 AM
as Blood already said, look for things you like and occupy yourself with it. I dunno if you have someone you can talk about it...cuz for me sometimes talking about it is better than just trying to forget about it.

Karkat
February 25th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Try to keep yourself occupied by doing things you enjoy. Work out, read, write, walk your dogs, talk to friends. Those things help, but honestly it's always gonna be in the back of your mind. Time is the only thing that can make you not think about it as much in the long run.

I absolutely agree with this. For me it happened almost five years ago, but I still think about it sometimes. I'm learning to cope with it better, but it's still there. It doesn't haunt every second of my life like it used to though.

AlexOnToast
February 25th, 2014, 10:38 PM
I know this might sound dumb but when thoughts about things like that which happened to me start to build up in my head, I go outdoors. Sometimes just going for a walk, a cycle, or just taking in nature and looking at things and trying to spot patterns and little actions in nature really helps for me.

raempu
February 26th, 2014, 08:26 AM
thanks everyone for your advice. I told my psychiatrist about it for the first time in my life and I hope it will help me to talk about it.
I used to enjoy the outside but I don't want to go outside anymore because I am having a psychoses.. so I hope that it will pass soon so I can go outside again with a good feeling.