PDA

View Full Version : Question about the archives

IzzyB
March 25th, 2017, 11:38 AM
This is a little random, and it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious. I can see how many ppl are viewing Puberty for Everyone, for Girls, and for Boys, which is like 73 right now. But there's more than 150 viewing the Puberty archives. My question is why are so many ppl viewing in there? Do ppl search for a topic and they read stuff thats months or years old to answer their questions?

Like I said, just curious.

Trivium
March 25th, 2017, 11:47 AM
A lot of people type their questions into google which leads them to an old thread in the archives. It's how many people find VT. I know it's how I did.

IzzyB
March 25th, 2017, 11:56 AM
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. Makes sense!

Endeavour
March 25th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Yes, what Trivium has set above is correct. The archive contains almost 13 years of questions, and a lot of them do come up in Google searches.

The1uwant
April 5th, 2017, 01:17 AM
A lot of people type their questions into google which leads them to an old thread in the archives. It's how many people find VT. I know it's how I did.

me too

Emilyyy
April 9th, 2017, 10:34 AM
To stop me starting a new thread about my question about archived posts. Is there any reason why posts on the puberty section which are locked for just being out of line are archived and not deleted off the site? I would have thought inappropriate content would just be destroyed.

Amethyst Rose
April 9th, 2017, 10:43 AM
To stop me starting a new thread about my question about archived posts. Is there any reason why posts on the puberty section which are locked for just being out of line are archived and not deleted off the site? I would have thought inappropriate content would just be destroyed.

Because that could significantly drop the post counts of people who regularly post in P101, and those threads are meant to serve as an example of what isn't allowed.

Emilyyy
April 9th, 2017, 05:48 PM
Because that could significantly drop the post counts of people who regularly post in P101, and those threads are meant to serve as an example of what isn't allowed.