PDA

View Full Version : How do I come out?

lyvegie
March 25th, 2017, 10:27 AM
I'm gay, can't deny it to myself. How do I come out to my parents? What do I do if they reject me?

ska8er
March 25th, 2017, 04:32 PM
R u sure they r the kind of parents that
will understand ur declaring ur orientation?
If u have doubts I would wait on it til u think
they r ready to accept u. Y put more pressure
on urself if they do reject u.

Michael M.
March 25th, 2017, 04:54 PM
You don't have to come out yet. Nobody is going to force you to come out. If you think you can feel comfortable telling your family something like that, then only you can do it. If you want to one day wake up and think you should of a waited then you'll have to live with them knowing something like that. My advice is to wait until you're older.

bigwolf2
March 26th, 2017, 03:23 PM
I'm gay, can't deny it to myself. How do I come out to my parents? What do I do if they reject me?

Well, first you have to ask yourself if you really want to come out. If you do, the only thing you can do is tell them, without any games or something like that.

obs: are they (your parents) very religious? have they said homophobic stuff to you?

Straya
March 30th, 2017, 07:17 AM

drop hints and see how they react like next time they ask about a gf be like what if i find a boy instead and see how they react to that

jockeyboy97
March 30th, 2017, 11:34 PM
Hey David,
its a tough thing to do. I can relate to you. Last year I came out to my Dad and Mom. It turned out better than I thought. Funny thing my parents had their suspicions and were just waiting for me to say something. I also got a lot of support and the courage to come out by reading posts from other guys telling about their coming out experiences. i found it to be a big support group. I wrote about my coming out experience please read it. It took me a long time to come out , just do it on your own terms and when your ready.
Good luck and if I can help let let me know.

Just JT
March 31st, 2017, 12:37 AM
I've said in the past that everyone expects us to be straight u till we come
Out.

Just be you and do what you feel. People will figure it out. And your parents may eventually just ask. They might ask why you didn't say something like mine did

I replied by saying you didn't ask till now

azurzg
April 5th, 2017, 12:19 PM
Have you told any of your siblings?

lyvegie
April 9th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Ok last night I came out to my parents. They asked me how I knew and if I was really sure. They said they love me no matter what but we will have to talk about it more. I asked them if they want to try to change me and they said no. My head still feels fuzzy from it. Are they going to change their minds? I'm still ereally nervous but glad I did it.

Just JT
April 9th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Ok last night I came out to my parents. They asked me how I knew and if I was really sure. They said they love me no matter what but we will have to talk about it more. I asked them if they want to try to change me and they said no. My head still feels fuzzy from it. Are they going to change their minds? I'm still ereally nervous but glad I did it.

My experiences of talking to guys who come
Out to their parents is their original responce is pretty much their truthful feelings.
So I wouldn't worry about it, there not guna change that, hospitals usually don't take trade ins lol!!

I'm sure they want
To talk to you to make sure you know certain stuff and your being safe, making good decisions. Like who you come out to right now, lotsa hate out there

Congrats bro, good job!! *hug*

lyvegie
April 9th, 2017, 05:15 PM
My experiences of talking to guys who come
Out to their parents is their original responce is pretty much their truthful feelings.
So I wouldn't worry about it, there not guna change that, hospitals usually don't take trade ins lol!!

I'm sure they want
To talk to you to make sure you know certain stuff and your being safe, making good decisions. Like who you come out to right now, lotsa hate out there

Congrats bro, good job!! *hug*

They asked me if I have a boyfriend, so I guess that's what it's about. I don't have one rn. I'm feeling better now. It's like I'm free to be me now. :)

Just JT
April 9th, 2017, 06:45 PM
They asked me if I have a boyfriend, so I guess that's what it's about. I don't have one rn. I'm feeling better now. It's like I'm free to be me now. :)

Good for you bro!! That's awesome!!!
Pay that forward....

jockeyboy97
April 9th, 2017, 11:47 PM

David , I'm so happy for you. Congratulations, reading your posts made me so happy for you. It reminded me when I came out to my parents. You will be ok and your parents will adjust to it and it will get better for you. My parents had the talk to me about being safe and respecting myself and my partners. A big hug for you can pm me if you need to talk. :metal::yeah:

Straya
April 10th, 2017, 02:48 AM

thats great news man it sounds like theyve taken it really well but just want to chat to you more so there sure that your sure your gay

Brightwolf
April 12th, 2017, 11:38 PM

Great job dude! I had a similar experience.

lyvegie
April 13th, 2017, 05:59 PM
thats great news man it sounds like theyve taken it really well but just want to chat to you more so there sure that your sure your gay

I think so too.

Great job dude! I had a similar experience.

Everything is awesome! :P