PDA

View Full Version : I will likely be moving to Canada!

PinkFloyd
March 23rd, 2017, 12:02 PM
Last week, I went to a college fair at the high school I graduated from. I initially went there just because my parents wanted me to go. i thought it was a waste of time. I started looking around, and I talked to different unis' booths. my goal was to get at least ten free pens, which I did. Anyways, I got intrigued when I went to the University of Winnipeg's booth. They told me that residents of Minnesota share reciprocity with Manitoba, meaning that the tuition is a shit ton cheaper for residents of Manitoba and Minnesota. It's like $5,100 dollars a year, and that's including the dorm and meal plan. The current community college I attend charges $5,900 a year, and since it's a community college, there is no dorm or meal plan. I drive there every day I have class from my house. I've wanted to move far from my home for a while now, (since i was like 14) and from an educational and financial standpoint, it looks like that's gonna happen! Oh, and the drinking age there is 18, so hell yeah. :D

kylie3011
March 23rd, 2017, 01:29 PM
Do you speak french? because It can be useful, I think.

PinkFloyd
March 23rd, 2017, 03:57 PM
Do you speak french? because It can be useful, I think.

That's actually only in Quebec. All their road signs, businesses, books, tv, etc are in French. But in All the other provinces, they speak English.

eric2001
March 23rd, 2017, 04:07 PM
Sounds great! Some schools are like $40 or 50,000 a year.

rioo
March 23rd, 2017, 08:13 PM
whats the major study?

PinkFloyd
March 24th, 2017, 04:20 PM
whats the major study?

Criminology

Sounds great! Some schools are like $40 or 50,000 a year.

Yeah, really big schools like UCLA are way up there in price.