PDA

View Full Version : Flat chested and depressed

camille78
March 22nd, 2017, 01:19 AM
My younger sister is under depression. She is 20 years old and is unhappy because of her boobs. I tried to convince her but she is not listening to me. She says everyone is making fun of her flat chest and she lost the confidence to go in public. One of our cousins suggested undergoing breast augmentation surgery from a clinic in Vaughan (http://www.cosmedical.ca/procedures/breast-surgery-toronto/breast-augmentation-surgery/?a=2). But I would like to know if the surgery helps her to overcome depression. I thought of taking her to depression centre in our locality. Any thoughts?

PinkFloyd
March 22nd, 2017, 01:39 AM
Taking her to the depression center is the most important thing. If in the end, she wants breast implants, tell her to not cheap out on them. I'm no expert on the subject, but cheap jobs are cheap looking and obviously fake, whereas expensive jobs are much better quality.

miahere
March 22nd, 2017, 11:58 AM
My younger sister is under depression. She is 20 years old and is unhappy because of her boobs. I tried to convince her but she is not listening to me. She says everyone is making fun of her flat chest and she lost the confidence to go in public. One of our cousins suggested undergoing breast augmentation surgery from a clinic in Vaughan (http://www.cosmedical.ca/procedures/breast-surgery-toronto/breast-augmentation-surgery/?a=2). But I would like to know if the surgery helps her to overcome depression. I thought of taking her to depression centre in our locality. Any thoughts?

I've been dealing with a lot of issues lately and had brought up a little depression, but it's a little less now and I'm feeling a little better every day. Besides those problems I also have really small breasts. I'm going to be 19 this year and it's very hard to find bra's my size. There's only one sports bra which is small enough. But really if I wore a t- shirt with or without a bra there's literally no difference. So I have sort of accepted it now but at high school it just added to my depression. I had a lot of medical problems when I was small which caused a lot of long term damage down below so my plumbing was not working at all and dealing with wearing protection was bad enough. I went for therapy for a long time until I could at least focus on my studies and whatever small social life I had. In high school people did make fun of me for having such a flat chest, and it wasn't easy, at college now people seem to be more mature and accepting of people. I don't think Surgery is the answer or the solution. I would keep any kind of surgery as a last resort.
Hope she does better,

Dmaxd123
March 22nd, 2017, 12:32 PM
I think you are right that you need to find her someone to talk to on a professional level.

if the therapist/counselor says "gee the only thing keeping you down is small boobs" then go for the surgery but I would be guessing there may be more to it than that.

as a guy I like them all sizes and small does actually attract me more compared to huge ones, but I think advertising has conditioned people to want to look a certain way and conditioned us to expect others to look a certain way

camille78
March 23rd, 2017, 02:09 AM
Thanks for the reply guys!! I have decided to take her to depression treatment. If she still feels insecure even after the treatment then I would let her consider surgery.

Endeavour
March 23rd, 2017, 10:57 AM
OP banned. :locked: