PDA

View Full Version : Tampons

clobo
March 21st, 2017, 05:35 PM
Ok girls, I feel silly for asking but I've had regular periods for about 5 months and have only used a sanitary pad but would like to try a tampon as they seem less hassle but have heard about something called toxic shock syndrome and it has put me off.
Can I just ask if you use a tampon or a pad and what do you prefer and if you know about toxic shock syndrome or how you get it.

Thanks x

Mars
March 21st, 2017, 05:39 PM
You don't have to worry about it if you change it regularly. Like as long as u don't keep it in for like 12hrs you're fine. Just change it on a regular schedule like u do w pads, probably more frequently, then u don't rlly need to worry about it

amelia_
March 21st, 2017, 06:07 PM
I agree with mars, once you get used to them and have like a schedule of when to change its not really an issue

Amethyst Rose
March 21st, 2017, 06:19 PM
Don't leave it in for more than 8 hours is what I've always been told, and you shouldn't have to worry about TSS. I wouldn't sleep in them either or use them if you're hardly bleeding because then they can be uncomfortable.

Barbara.
March 21st, 2017, 06:31 PM
I used to use pads but recently switched to tampons and have been changing regularly to prevent TSS. I think if changed regularly you shouldn't have any worries.

stoneflowe96
March 21st, 2017, 06:57 PM
I use tampons since I got my first periode. First find a size that fits you. I recommand for beginning the smallest. Read the instruction in the package. They are helpful, espacialy if you have no one to ask how to insert a tampon. To prevent toxic shock syndrom youe should change the tampon not later than 8 hours after insertig. I don't know gow strong or weak your periode is, but you should check regular if the tampon is soaked. If yes, you can pull it out without easyly. It sound maybe a bit complex, but using a tampon is very easy

ChloeF
March 21st, 2017, 10:56 PM
They're easy to use, the instructions in the packet are really helpful if you're unsure about anything. l think TSS only happens if you don't change it regularly enough.

IzzyB
March 22nd, 2017, 05:59 AM
I feel like an echo, but yeah, what they all said :) They're safe!

LITTLEANGEL16
March 22nd, 2017, 07:34 AM
My period started around 3 years ago at 13 and they are still not totally settled down.
I have only ever used tampons, I just find them easy to use and if you change them as and when required all should be ok. And if you follow the instructions on the pack everything should be ok. hope all goes well for you.
X

angelina
March 22nd, 2017, 11:00 AM
using pads and I am comfy...

Cute_Jenny
March 22nd, 2017, 11:07 AM
I use tampons and I had hear about TTS but with one case per 200,000 inhabitants and year it is very very rare.

clobo
March 22nd, 2017, 04:17 PM
Thank you sooo much for the replies! Feel much more relaxed about trying tampons... love you guys x :-)

veroda
March 24th, 2017, 07:19 PM
I never wear tampons... never could get one to stay in place and girls I know say it wont be a problem anymore when Ill no longer have my v...

for TSS I remember in sex ed they said that if you ever start feeling dizzy when wearing one take it off and go to the hospital as TSS is said to take hours to kill you...

clobo
March 25th, 2017, 03:04 AM
[QUOTE=veroda;3500420]I never wear tampons... never could get one to stay in place and girls I know say it wont be a problem anymore when Ill no longer have my v...

Oh, I hope when I try it stays in place as I'm a virgin too. I'm going to try using one on my next period. Fingers crossed it'll be ok. x

veroda
March 25th, 2017, 04:05 AM
I never wear tampons... never could get one to stay in place and girls I know say it wont be a problem anymore when Ill no longer have my v...

Oh, I hope when I try it stays in place as I'm a virgin too. I'm going to try using one on my next period. Fingers crossed it'll be ok. x

looks like one of the unusual times when one is eager to have her period! :D

clobo
March 25th, 2017, 05:36 AM
[QUOTE=clobo;3500501]

looks like one of the unusual times when one is eager to have her period! :D

I know lol Just had one so a while to wait, hopefully it all works out using a tampon but will be nervous.

tiff1996
March 25th, 2017, 09:05 AM
I didn't get my period until I was almost 16 and they've always been very irregular (only 2 or 3 a year). I had to use pads because of a small hymen opening and I hated them. They were bad for sports and working out and I couldn't swim. When I was 18 I had hymen surgery so I could use tampons. I've been using them ever since and I will never use pads again! I hope it goes well for you.

becca07
March 25th, 2017, 10:42 AM
[QUOTE=veroda;3500420]I never wear tampons... never could get one to stay in place and girls I know say it wont be a problem anymore when Ill no longer have my v...

When i first started it was a bit awkward feeling and I was nervous too. You will be fine :) Then it will become routine x

LITTLEANGEL16
March 25th, 2017, 11:04 AM

Hope all goes well for you Chloe,:yes: I am still a virgin in the true meaning of the word, but my hymen was broken around 10/11 due to sports or cycling.
Here is a site with some good information and be helpful to anyone here.

http://www.healthresource4u.com/hymen-definition-location-pictures-repair-broken-hymen-surgery-hymen.html

clobo
March 25th, 2017, 03:01 PM
[QUOTE=clobo;3500501]

Hope all goes well for you Chloe,:yes: I am still a virgin in the true meaning of the word, but my hymen was broken around 10/11 due to sports or cycling.
Here is a site with some good information and be helpful to anyone here.

http://www.healthresource4u.com/hymen-definition-location-pictures-repair-broken-hymen-surgery-hymen.html

Thanks for the link, I'm not too sure if mine has broken, I cycle quite a bit and don't remember anytime where I think it happened - I'll have to have a proper look.lol

clobo
March 25th, 2017, 03:07 PM
I didn't get my period until I was almost 16 and they've always been very irregular (only 2 or 3 a year). I had to use pads because of a small hymen opening and I hated them. They were bad for sports and working out and I couldn't swim. When I was 18 I had hymen surgery so I could use tampons. I've been using them ever since and I will never use pads again! I hope it goes well for you.

oh wow, I hope I can use a tampon without needing surgery. I really want to be able to go swimming on holiday and the last thing I want is my period and having to wear a pad.

Klara Splichal
March 26th, 2017, 02:48 AM
So, did you use it? Or will you use it in few times? - we want know you experience... ;)

And if you want some experiences of other girls - here was big survey: http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3480037#post3480037

Posts merged. ~Endeavour

tiff1996
March 26th, 2017, 09:15 PM
oh wow, I hope I can use a tampon without needing surgery. I really want to be able to go swimming on holiday and the last thing I want is my period and having to wear a pad.

If you can get a finger in then you won't need surgery.

clobo
March 27th, 2017, 02:40 PM

Ah ok, I can do that so I should be ok..

So, did you use it? Or will you use it in few times? - we want know you experience... ;)

I'm going to try on my next period, should be in a few weeks...

Posts merged. ~Endeavour

veroda
March 28th, 2017, 05:28 AM

dyou mean like breaking her v herself with her fingers?

amelia_
March 28th, 2017, 10:47 AM
dyou mean like breaking her v herself with her fingers?

if you're careful i think you can do it without totally breaking it.

clobo
May 11th, 2017, 01:21 AM
OK girls, so I used tampons on my last period and got on with them ok. Super nervous at first but after a few attempts to insert my first one it worked out. Soo happy I tried.

stoneflowe96
May 11th, 2017, 02:08 AM
OK girls, so I used tampons my last period and got on with them ok. Super nervous at first but after a few attempts to insert my first one it worked out. Soo happy I tried.

That's good to hear. Did you like using tampons? Will you use tampons further on? Was it hard to find the right size or did you just choose the smallest one? I ask because I had that problem. I used the normal size and thez were a bit to big. Only when we bought the smallest size that day, it worked perfectly for me.

angelamartines
May 12th, 2017, 10:37 PM
if you're a virgin it might be a problem... otherwise, tampons are tha way to go!

stoneflowe96
May 13th, 2017, 02:49 AM
if you're a virgin it might be a problem... otherwise, tampons are tha way to go!

This is no problem and more an urban legend

DerpyGirl
May 13th, 2017, 02:50 AM
But you can still use them if you're a virgin

clobo
May 13th, 2017, 03:27 PM
That's good to hear. Did you like using tampons? Will you use tampons further on? Was it hard to find the right size or did you just choose the smallest one? I ask because I had that problem. I used the normal size and thez were a bit to big. Only when we bought the smallest size that day, it worked perfectly for me.

I used lil-lets for teens, they were fine for me but did take a while to get it in so that it was comfortable. I will definitely use them again.

I am a virgin and didn't really have a problem..

Posts merged, please use multiquote next time. ~Endeavour

Candy in CT
May 22nd, 2017, 12:13 PM
I have been using tampons from the second day. I guess I was lucky coming from a all family house and being daughter 3 out of 4. I was so lucky knowing what will be happening. It was nice in that way. The only time I ever used a pad was when I was on my weekend with my Dad and his family. My step Mom gave me something that felt like a pillow between my thighs. Now I make sure my sleeping area there has all my "Girl" supplies. Yea being a girl. Well all but my 3-5 days a month.

clobo
May 29th, 2017, 01:06 AM
I have been using tampons from the second day. I guess I was lucky coming from a all family house and being daughter 3 out of 4. I was so lucky knowing what will be happening. It was nice in that way. The only time I ever used a pad was when I was on my weekend with my Dad and his family. My step Mom gave me something that felt like a pillow between my thighs. Now I make sure my sleeping area there has all my "Girl" supplies. Yea being a girl. Well all but my 3-5 days a month.

'Pillow between my thighs' that made me laugh.

Miss Ophelia
May 31st, 2017, 11:31 AM

I guess thats why I didnt have any issues using a tampon,

Sandra123
June 18th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Don't using this is no good idea for virgin! So avoid them!

Desdemona
June 18th, 2017, 07:10 AM
Don't using this is no good idea for virgin! So avoid them!

Why exactly? I am a virgin and I have no trouble whatsoever with tampons.

lolaa
June 18th, 2017, 09:57 AM
this might be a silly question but is it true that your hymen might break from using a tampon?

Katrinchen
June 18th, 2017, 11:25 AM
bring it IN should be not the big problem - but bring it out could than can be the problem

stoneflowe96
June 18th, 2017, 12:22 PM
this might be a silly question but is it true that your hymen might break from using a tampon?

As far as I know this should be no problem. The smalest tampon size definitly does not break the hymen. At least that is what I've read about

Sandra123
June 18th, 2017, 04:57 PM
First at all short tampon also damaged hymen so is bad! Also young girls are more risky to toxic shock and infections!

Desdemona
June 18th, 2017, 10:50 PM
First at all short tampon also damaged hymen so is bad! Also young girls are more risky to toxic shock and infections!

I don't even have them in for more than s few hours, and I don't think that is even near the risk zone for toxic shock.

I didn't understand your comment about the hymen. What do you mean?

/D

amelia_
June 18th, 2017, 11:27 PM
I don't even have them in for more than s few hours, and I don't think that is even near the risk zone for toxic shock.

/D

How long do you leave the cup in? Do you have to empty it throughout the day?

Desdemona
June 18th, 2017, 11:43 PM
How long do you leave the cup in? Do you have to empty it throughout the day?

I've tried leaving it in all night - 8 hours. Sometimes I need to empty it, I can tel from blood in my pad. But not every day and not when the flow has lessened after day 2

Sandra123
June 19th, 2017, 12:45 AM

/D

I mean damaged integrity of hymen :(

amelia_
June 19th, 2017, 03:16 AM
I've tried leaving it in all night - 8 hours. Sometimes I need to empty it, I can tel from blood in my pad. But not every day and not when the flow has lessened after day 2

Ah ok, sounds really nice once you get used to it, less to worry about.

Desdemona
June 19th, 2017, 12:15 PM
I mean damaged integrity of hymen :(

I'm a virgin and I've never had any problems with tampons.

stoneflowe96
June 19th, 2017, 01:10 PM
How do you react in a situation where you need to change your tampon, but there is no trash can?

Desdemona
June 20th, 2017, 12:29 AM
How do you react in a situation where you need to change your tampon, but there is no trash can?

That has thankfully never happened in a crowded place. Tossed a few in the desert, though, when a bit from home. I know it's disgusting but at least they are biodegradable.

amelia_
June 20th, 2017, 12:43 AM
That has thankfully never happened in a crowded place. Tossed a few in the desert, though, when a bit from home. I know it's disgusting but at least they are biodegradable.

At least in the desert you could kinda bury or cover it up so its not visible, haha.