PDA

View Full Version : What job would be suitable for a 15 year old?

CashMeSadi
March 20th, 2017, 06:16 PM
I want to start working and would like some tips on what I can look into. Anything besides working at a fast food chain/restaurant.

pconnor
March 20th, 2017, 07:22 PM
how about a grocery store?

eric2001
March 20th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Dog walking is one. I might see if I can do that.

Just JT
March 20th, 2017, 10:23 PM
You'd probably need to be 18 to work in a restaurant. Grocery store was a good suggestion. What about like a movie theatre or something?

IzzyB
March 22nd, 2017, 05:54 AM
I should look into this sort of thing, not sure what's out there for summer work for teens. Do schools post job opportunities?

Mars
March 22nd, 2017, 06:24 AM
It depends where you live. Job and employement laws are different for different states and cities. However, things like dishwashing, bussing, waiting, hosting, barback, customer service, retail sales, etc. Are usually open to students.

Schools depend as well. My school offers summer internships to those who are interested. However someone else's school may not offer that opportunity

Dmaxd123
March 22nd, 2017, 12:35 PM
if you live in the country and aren't afraid to actually work most farmers will hire someone your age

Melodic
March 30th, 2017, 11:59 AM
Most places you have to wait until you're 16 to apply for a job and some positions/places will require you to be 18.

Other than the jobs that were mentioned by others, Volunteering is a great way to start and it will look very good on your resume when you can apply for a part-time job!

Some ideas to consider for when you do apply for part-time jobs..

1) Retail
2) Fast Food Restaurants
3) Restaurants
4) Family Entertainment (Arcades, Go-Karts, Amusement/Water Parks)

Uniquemind
March 31st, 2017, 10:15 AM
Babysitting/House/Pet Sitting was something I did at that age for a few families.

Once I had a small group of clients and a good reputation I charge $16 an hour, and usually helped the grade school kids I ended up babysitting with their homework too. So I guess partial tutoring services came with the service I offered.

I started out only charging $10/hour and offered that lower rate for babysitting service without tutoring responsibilities and I have it written in a contract (if only for show, not sure my contract had any legal binding given our age).

Londongirl01
April 11th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Dog walking is great but doesn't generate that much cash
I work in a pet store- not fun but the income is OK and the co-workers are cool
Depends on your area and what's available

PinkFloyd
April 12th, 2017, 05:08 AM
amusement park
certain retail stores
general work (mowing lawns, snowblowing, etc.)

ethan-s
May 12th, 2017, 01:56 PM
If you have any amount of muscle, there are always farmers looking for people to toss and stack bales. It's hard and dirty but is very fulfilling and it makes you stronger.

Falcons_11
May 14th, 2017, 09:47 AM
You may be able to get a job doing yard work or maybe help out cleaning swimming pools and hot tubs.

bpk1234
May 15th, 2017, 08:05 PM
Honestly waiters/waitresses make really decent money, but I think you to be have 18 or even 21 to be so.

I've worked in the same grocery store since my sophomore year of high school, I started out as a bagger, and now I am a full-time supervisor. I get to dress up ( no dumb apron anymore). I get health insurance and a lot of good benefits. I work 40 to 48 hours a week, 6 days a week.

I am 20 now, turning 21 in November and my advice being one of the few teenagers from my high school who has kept a job for this long, is to find somewhere that has good opportunities for advancement, a company/business with good morals and ethics, one who supports your community. Please don't make the mistake of most teenagers who consider their first job a joke because it really isn't if you get fired from your first for the reason of no call/no shows, or theft of company time, doors are going to shut on you quick. Finding another job will be a rocky road in that case.

ItsJustSomeone
June 5th, 2017, 12:51 PM
Have you considered going to your school and talking to a guidance counselor about finding a job? Some high schools post job opportunities and offer to help you out, too, especially if you're under 16... it can be a lot harder to find a job when you're 15, after all. Or, you could look on the internet. I've found a few opportunities myself that way- ones besides fast food restaurants!

refrigeratorx
June 5th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Lots of places could work. It could help to go on Craigslist or something to try and find some odd jobs here and there or even something consistent.

A bunch of restaurants could use u for bussing tables and that's pretty good money, especially if u wanna avoid retail

Aldee
June 10th, 2017, 01:44 AM
Restaurant, grocery store and tutor are a few that come to mind.

tvsigeys
June 18th, 2017, 09:24 PM
I don't know what kind of area you live in, but I'd seek cash work in your neighborhood if you can. Babysitting, yard work. Just get the word out that you're looking and people can find something for you to do.

Just JT
June 19th, 2017, 12:09 AM
Lots of places could work. It could help to go on Craigslist or something to try and find some odd jobs here and there or even something consistent.

A bunch of restaurants could use u for bussing tables and that's pretty good money, especially if u wanna avoid retail

Craigslist?
He's 15. Idk maybe it's just been my exposure to CL. But I'd stay away from that one myself lol!!

Lucy G
June 23rd, 2017, 08:32 AM
In UK its hard to get work before you're 16. Maybe dog walking or babysitting?

angelina
July 15th, 2017, 12:37 PM
as tourist guides ,any Departmental stores,or restaurants

Tom55
July 15th, 2017, 08:08 PM
I think it's important to study at 15 years old xD anyway, maybe departmental stores (?)

Agent X
July 16th, 2017, 01:53 AM
IDK try locally owned places. Most chains (at least in my state) will only hire 16 or up due to harsh labor laws that prohibit working hours for those 15 and under.

Microcosm
July 17th, 2017, 03:03 AM
Restaurants has already been said. I'm not sure where you live so the child labor laws might be different there, but in Alabama almost nowhere hires under 16, and if they will hire under 16 it's usually very rare that you'll get hired because they have to do more paperwork and they can't allow you to work over a certain amount of hours.

Your best bet at that age is probably freelance work: Mowing lawns, Fiverr.com, dogsitting, babysitting, etc.. If you have some special marketable talent, Fiverr would be great, but you'd need your parents permission to use their PayPal to recieve your pay.

Theaverageboy
July 17th, 2017, 05:03 AM
A lot of my friends get jobs at parks or rodeos and take over the little games there

azurzg
July 26th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Tutor. I do it 5-6 hours a week with 2 kids.

Endeavour
October 31st, 2017, 12:19 PM
Baby sitting and dog walking are for sure

Please don't post in threads with more than two months inactivity. :locked: