PDA

View Full Version : Fashion and gender

Seth Green
March 20th, 2017, 03:58 PM
Most of my life I've never really been interested in fashion. I've just sorta dressed in t-shirts, pants, and hoodies if need be. Pretty trashy but didn't really care.
Lately I've started having a growing interest in fashion and trying to dress nicer. But what I've noticed is I've had much more interest in the prospect of wearing women's clothes. I've also shaved most my body hair nearly as long as I've had it.
I'm wondering if I should see this as some sort of reflection of gender identity I wasn't aware of...? Or maybe I just don't care about stuff society says guys should do, wear, look like, ect. IDK :confused:

Trivium
March 20th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I look at fashion sense as wearing what makes you feel and look good. Those two things so very often go hand in hand. Whatever you think brings out and represents the best you.

I

Hideous
March 20th, 2017, 04:24 PM
I wouldn't jump to questioning your gender identity, maybe you have an androgynous fashion style. Like what Trivium said, wear what makes you feel good. Wear the clothes and don't let the clothes wear you :)

ska8er
March 20th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Tee shirts-jeans and hoodies are not trashy
as long as u r comfortable. Its good to dress
up once in awhile in a fashion sense but even
casual could b fashionable as long as u match
and have a clean look.

Jake111
March 20th, 2017, 07:47 PM
wear what you feel most comfortable in, that is what theyre for! Whether that is a t-shirt and hoodie or a three piece suit.

Amethyst Rose
March 20th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Fashion is a form of self-expression. Gender identity and expressing yourself are separate things. Just wear what you like and don't let other peoples' opinions influence you for or against it - it's totally up to you :)!

RavenTheGoddess
April 14th, 2017, 04:21 PM
Wearing clothing made for the opposite gender doesn't necessarily mean you have a gender identity crisis, you could just enjoy crossdressing. Me personally, I prefer no clothing, but whenever I'm in public, I wear jeans and a hoodie most of the time, unless it's summer of course, because it gets hotter than hell here :p. That's when I ditch the hoodie for a T-Shirt.

For formal events, I'd probably wear a pencil dress, but for places like home, I just bare it all. ...with my door closed of course. My parents aren't too comfortable with the idea. :p

Andre1998
April 14th, 2017, 04:42 PM
First of all my personal opinion is that fashion has no gender at all. I also prefer going through the women section of the fashion magazines and have these moments were I think I would totally wear that. Now and then I try on some "women" shirt or something because I like it, like last Monday at the Esprit store. And I also shave my entire body except for my legs. That's just a preference. Does that mean I'm a girl inside? In my case a little bit, but there are other reasons apart from my fashion style. But in general that doesn't mean anything at all. As long as you're fine with it feel free to look at and wear whatever fashion you want. Remember: Fashion has no gender!