PDA

View Full Version : Going to the gym

MissQuestionMark
March 20th, 2017, 09:19 AM
I'm a bit on the chubby side and I've been wanting to lose weight for a while now. I've joined a gym and I'm going to focus on running and dumbells (mostly arm training)
Is there anyone who could give me some advice for starting out?

rioo
March 20th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Diet, cut some sugar, or little bit change ur meals. I dont have more good advice, I think it's more about healthy lifestyle.

Endeavour
March 20th, 2017, 11:00 AM
VT General Hospital :arrow: Sports and Fitness

This fits better here.

Amethyst Rose
March 20th, 2017, 08:38 PM
I've recently been running more actively, and I'm really enjoying it. It's important not to push yourself too hard too quickly. You'll benefit more and avoid injury by starting out shorter distances. Maybe alternate short stints running and walking and gradually increase the distance as your stamina builds up. Walk and/or stretch first and stay hydrated.

MissQuestionMark
March 21st, 2017, 10:25 AM
I've recently been running more actively, and I'm really enjoying it. It's important not to push yourself too hard too quickly. You'll benefit more and avoid injury by starting out shorter distances. Maybe alternate short stints running and walking and gradually increase the distance as your stamina builds up. Walk and/or stretch first and stay hydrated.

Today I ran 5 miles in over an hour. Is that good?

Amethyst Rose
March 21st, 2017, 10:29 AM
Today I ran 5 miles in over an hour. Is that good?

Woah yeah, more than I can do in one day :D was it strictly running or did you walk some of it? How do you feel afterwards (like was it too much or you're good with that right now)?

MissQuestionMark
March 21st, 2017, 01:08 PM
Woah yeah, more than I can do in one day :D was it strictly running or did you walk some of it? How do you feel afterwards (like was it too much or you're good with that right now)?

Haha, I walked a lot of it. It was on a treadmill changing from walking and running. The highest I went was 6mph and walking speed was 3.5mph. I got a stich though in my stomach :(

It was pretty exhausting. Lots of sweat and the room was spinning a little when I got off.

michaelkitt
March 22nd, 2017, 10:08 PM
Don't work just arms! Core, back and leg work is very important too. Core and back also prevents injuries, plus working with just dumbbells can make your muscles look a bit out of balance.

Big O
March 29th, 2017, 10:27 PM
You have to workout everything if you are trying to lose weight. If you need to look up workouts for bicep, tricep, shoulder, back, chest, legs, and abs. Having a routine helps a lot. Also if you are trying to lose weight then cut all pointless carbs from your diet like pop, bread, and pasta. Eat lean white meat like chicken and chicken eggs after working out. Trust me it will help a lot.

Alan T
April 5th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Most gyms have staff who are eager to help you design the program you need.

JohnHunter
April 8th, 2017, 03:49 AM
Hi. I think you need to apply certain more things to lose weight.
- Eat the Best Foods for Weight Loss like vegetables, whole grain, fruits.
- Avoid candy, pastries, white bread
- You can choose a body challenge from this website (https://www.cellublue.com/fr/product/wonder-body-guide/).
- Drink water a half hour before meals
Hope this helps you.