PDA

View Full Version : Divorce and suicide?

scott2002
March 18th, 2017, 01:06 PM
I'm in 9th grade and 15. There is a kid in my class maybe I've felt sorry for because often in the cafeteria he sits all alone. I've been watching him, and it seems he has just one friend. And if that boy's not on the same lunch period, this boy eats alone.
So, I started eating with him and making friends with him. Maybe my mistake. The kid I think really needed someone to talk to. His parents got divorced a few months ago and he misses his dad terribly. We got together after school and talked for quite a while. Things he was saying, his eyes filled up with tears, and then he said to me, "Sometimes I feel like I don't want to live anymore."
Uh oh! I didn't know what to do! I offered to hug him. (I never hugged a guy before.) He stayed holding onto me and still crying, but eventually he got better.)
I think I'm in deep now, and I'm committing myself to be his friend and to keep talking with him. I'm not sure if I should go to the counseling office and tell them what he said to me or not. He just said it the one time.

Help??

Amethyst Rose
March 18th, 2017, 01:14 PM
You did not make a mistake, you did a very good thing by being there for someone who has few (if any) people he can open up to. It's really unfortunate that he's hurting so much because of something he has no control over. I think if you keep doing what you're doing, spending time with him and showing him that he can trust you, that will make a world of difference. Before you consider telling the school counselor, I'd ask him if he's going to counselling already. I wish you and him the best.

Microcosm
March 18th, 2017, 02:59 PM
This isn't a mistake. It's an opportunity to help someone. If he did kill himself, it wouldn't be your fault anyways. Just try to help him and be a listener.

scott2002
March 18th, 2017, 04:27 PM
I texted him today and told him he can text me or call me anytime he wants to talk, or needs to talk. I wasn't sure about this part, but I texted him to promise me he won't hurt himself. He texted me back, "I won't".

Sean2
March 18th, 2017, 07:58 PM
I texted him today and told him he can text me or call me anytime he wants to talk, or needs to talk. I wasn't sure about this part, but I texted him to promise me he won't hurt himself. He texted me back, "I won't".

I definitely think a professional needs to get involved...

Just JT
March 18th, 2017, 08:58 PM
Bro you made no mistake, you did a good thing. Everyone needs good friends, and sometimes they come in strange packages. That's all

He needs a friend, ands seems your drawn to him to...for what ever reason....go for this and don't look back ok?

He also needs someone, and you recognizing that's huge to bro, eat lunch with him every day. Yiur friends will always be there. He doesn't have any

As to his threats, we all say shot we don't mean, but could also be serious to. He promised you he wouldn't.

Have a convo with him. Let him know you really there for him. You wana help. But he needs to be honest about his feelings to

Don't tell him you'll go to who ever if he's serious cause that'll breach a friendship.

Touch n go bro, be a good friend to him ok?

AzuPazu
March 24th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Do keep one thing in mind.

You might be able to get him through, but you also might not be able to do so.
And if that times comes don't blame yourself. In fact, praise yourself. You've extended the person its life, you tried, the person at least went to rest with a few good memories.
Regardless, if his problems become too much, do seek comfort or help somewhere. You can't take this burden on your own.