PDA

View Full Version : What are ways to be a handyman?

ProudThread598
March 17th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Hi!
I'm currently 14, but as of a few months ato, I've been trying to absorb as much information as possible on simple stuff like simple plumbing, cooking, repairing a car, etc. I'm doing this because when I get married, I want my family to be pretty independent when it comes to fixing stuff. My scout troop is also doing a program called the Art of Manliness where they teach us stuff from shaving to how to deal with bear attacks (no joke). What are some things I should learn? Thanks.:)d

ska8er
March 17th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Hi!
I'm currently 14, but as of a few months ato, I've been trying to absorb as much information as possible on simple stuff like simple plumbing, cooking, repairing a car, etc. I'm doing this because when I get married, I want my family to be pretty independent when it comes to fixing stuff. My scout troop is also doing a program called the Art of Manliness where they teach us stuff from shaving to how to deal with bear attacks (no joke). What are some things I should learn? Thanks.:)d

I think ur scout program is a good start to
learn the things u want to learn. Have u any
patches? One thing u should learn is to b ur
own man and b responsible for ur actions. As
for car repairs or plumbing-once u get older
and get working papers u can ask around
companies if they r accepting any applications
for junior journeymans or even just looking for
guys to learn a trade on the job. :)

IzzyB
March 24th, 2017, 08:01 AM
That scout thing sounds hilarious! But my mom loves a man who can: fix a leaky faucet, change a tire, repair drywall, and stuff like that. Just asking ppl who know and watching videos online are prob the best ideas.

Straya
March 30th, 2017, 07:19 AM
best way to learn is to do and if you make a mistake get a pro in and watch how they do it

Agent X
April 2nd, 2017, 12:53 AM
Just learn the basic of trades for home repair (electrical, plumbing, heating, carpentry, roofing). For car repair, welding might be a good skill.

messid
April 2nd, 2017, 11:59 PM
Learning how to tinker with a car is a really good start :-) itll come in VERY handy not just when you get married one day but also all the time before that...and itll save you lots of money if you know how to do it right!

KatieCO2003
April 3rd, 2017, 12:15 AM
That's super cool. I've taught myself to make things just by watching Youtube videos and trying stuff.

Just JT
April 3rd, 2017, 03:14 AM
Hi!

That's a good idea. I like that. I wish I'd of done scouts. Sounds like a lota fun. ska8er is right to. I'd toss in some basic first aid stuff. Maybe cpr or something. Never know when your gunna need it. Or help someone else