PDA

View Full Version : GOP Health Care - Huge Tax Cut For Rich, 24 Million Uninsured

bentheplayer
March 15th, 2017, 02:00 AM
Read the full story here (https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonynitti/2017/03/13/gop-health-care-bill-will-result-in-a-huge-tax-cut-for-the-rich-24-million-without-insurance/#508781006a2f).

Today, the Congressional Budget Office answered those questions, releasing its official scoring of the American Health Care Act, and the results are not pretty. An $883 billion tax cut, $274 billion of it going to the richest 2%. $880 billion stripped from Medicaid. And 24 million fewer insured individuals over the next ten years.

maddogmj77
March 15th, 2017, 10:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJfKdp3bDs

I haven't actually heard Trump say anything about the new plan, but I would hope that he can at least follow up with what he said. Wishful thinking

Also, according to a newer White House budget report, it says that the number will go up to 26 million uninsured.

bentheplayer
March 15th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Haven't you learnt? Even Trump people say "Don't take Trump literally, take him symbolically."

mattsmith48
March 16th, 2017, 09:13 AM
Isn't it obvious now that they don't care about poor people

Beauregard
March 16th, 2017, 11:25 AM
I don't think Trump cares about anyone besides himself so why should he care about a just and useful health insurance for his people?

He isn't qualified for the job he does. Didn't he say some time ago he didn't know that health insurance was so complicated? I mean who ever thought developing a working health insurance would be an easy task except him? It's just sad.

But I figure among the millions losing their insurance there will also be a great number of Trump supporters so they get another taste of how he cars for his voters.

bentheplayer
March 16th, 2017, 11:33 AM
I don't think Trump supporters realize that. US seems to be becoming more like a banana republic.

PlasmaHam
March 16th, 2017, 11:51 AM
I'm not a fan of the bill, so don't expect me to defend it. But not because of this situation, but because it is essentially Obamacare 2.0. Entirely free market healthcare is the solution, not this bill.

eric2001
March 16th, 2017, 02:56 PM
The bottom line is EVERYBODY should get medical care no matter what.

Devinsoccer
March 19th, 2017, 12:58 AM
24 million people,most of them are rich people, and most of them are young people who can afford simple medical bills and the law also states that they can't reject you for pre-existing conditions. Companies already have insurance to keep their employees safe in the work area. People should be heald accountable for their actions.

bentheplayer
March 19th, 2017, 04:08 AM
24 million people,most of them are rich people, and most of them are young people who can afford simple medical bills and the law also states that they can't reject you for pre-existing conditions. Companies already have insurance to keep their employees safe in the work area. People should be heald accountable for their actions.

Are you living in la la land? Of this 24 million, they are likely to include the poor and elderly too who cannot afford healthcare insurance. Even for the rich, the cost is likely to raise steeply.

The winners are likely to be younger, earn higher incomes and live in areas where the cost of health insurance is low.The biggest losers under the change would be older Americans with low incomes who live in high-cost areas but maybe you don't care about their needs.

In fact the CBO estimates that 7 million will drop off the roles of employer-sponsored health insurance over the next decade. Maybe that is alright cos these 7 million doesn't matter?

It has been estimated that a 64-year-old making $26,500 would pay $1,700 for coverage in 2026 under Obamacare, thanks to its subsidies. But under the GOP plan, his annual premium would be $14,600 since its tax credit would not offset as much of the cost. Which is more affordable? Premiums at more than 50% his income before deductibles?

Where on earth are you getting those misguided information from?