PDA

View Full Version : I've got a question regarding my prescribed hydrocodone...

Lynxnl005
March 13th, 2017, 10:31 PM
I was recently prescribed hydrocodone to deal with severe pain after having my wisdom teeth removed. I ended up only needing to take a few pills since my pain went away but I still have a lot left in the bottle.

The little that I took made me feel great (mainly intense euphoria and a really pleasant drowsiness) and I've been really tempted to continue taking it just for the effects alone, not pain-management. I almost crave the effects.

I've already taken several for the above reason and I love it. Would it be fine to continue or is this an iffy sign? Sorry for being paranoid my family has a strong history of substance abuse and I need to be careful.

Amethyst Rose
March 13th, 2017, 10:42 PM
If you're so tempted after taking only a few, imagine how hard it will be to stop if you continue to take them out of want rather than need. The effects may seem good now, but do you want to let a medication control you? I suggest you dispose of the pills as soon as possible so they aren't there to tempt you.

I took hydrocodone (and oxycodone) when I had my wisdom teeth removed, and tbh I was in so much pain that euphoria, or any side effects for that matter, went unnoticed.

Desynchronized
March 14th, 2017, 09:24 AM
Just throw them outta the window. You don't wanna get stuck with it. My family also have some 'substance abuse' shits. N man it can be soo horrible.

Just JT
March 14th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Read my post a couple threads down from here
Have you heard about the opiate crisis going on?
This is how it starts. I've been taking them daily for almost a year now. Go ahead, keep taking them. And when you build a tolerance you'll take more. And the high ain't so intense. But you'll still want that infuckin credible feeling of a warm blanket of love coming down from heaven and wrapping you up, but it'll never come. So you take more, then more. It won't stop.

Just stop. Your using them to get high, which is fun I get it.
But coming off them is no joke. Your sick, and I'm not talking feeling sick, your puking and diahreah. No appetite, dehydrated, everything hurts, your convinced the only thing you can do to feel better is to get a fillet knife and cut your skin completely out of your body. Because that's the only way the urge can be removed. But it don't work.

If that wasn't graffick enough then go abead, keep taking them.
Or learn from my mistakes

Take Motrin, and toss the Vicodin and move on

Lynxnl005
March 14th, 2017, 12:36 PM
Read my post a couple threads down from here
Have you heard about the opiate crisis going on?
This is how it starts. I've been taking them daily for almost a year now. Go ahead, keep taking them. And when you build a tolerance you'll take more. And the high ain't so intense. But you'll still want that infuckin credible feeling of a warm blanket of love coming down from heaven and wrapping you up, but it'll never come. So you take more, then more. It won't stop.

Just stop. Your using them to get high, which is fun I get it.
But coming off them is no joke. Your sick, and I'm not talking feeling sick, your puking and diahreah. No appetite, dehydrated, everything hurts, your convinced the only thing you can do to feel better is to get a fillet knife and cut your skin completely out of your body. Because that's the only way the urge can be removed. But it don't work.

If that wasn't graffick enough then go abead, keep taking them.
Or learn from my mistakes

Take Motrin, and toss the Vicodin and move on

I read your post. The thing is I only have a limited supply and then once it's gone I can't get anymore so I guess I'm not really afraid of it escalating into an addiction.

Still you've made me think twice about continuing but I'm very hesitant to just stop. I've grown accustomed to the effects as I've been taking a pill every night for the past few nights and I can't imagine going without now. I doubt I'd go as far as to finish off the bottle but still...

Just JT
March 14th, 2017, 12:56 PM
I read your post. The thing is I only have a limited supply and then once it's gone I can't get anymore so I guess I'm not really afraid of it escalating into an addiction.

Still you've made me think twice about continuing but I'm very hesitant to just stop. I've grown accustomed to the effects as I've been taking a pill every night for the past few nights and I can't imagine going without now. I doubt I'd go as far as to finish off the bottle but still...

I know the feeling. Trust me, just stop.
Chances are your probably not addicted if only taking 1 a day for a short period of time. But your on that road man, and it's sucks.

Just dump them. Better to have a bad night or 2 now than in a year from now after taking 6 a day or more

Just dump them in the toilet and get rid of them. There bad news all around

Lynxnl005
March 14th, 2017, 01:28 PM
I know the feeling. Trust me, just stop.
Chances are your probably not addicted if only taking 1 a day for a short period of time. But your on that road man, and it's sucks.

Just dump them. Better to have a bad night or 2 now than in a year from now after taking 6 a day or more

Just dump them in the toilet and get rid of them. There bad news all around

Yeah you're right, I'm playing with fire. I'll trash them. Thanks for talking some sense into me.

Just JT
March 14th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Good, good job, proud of you.

And welcome to VT!!!

Dmaxd123
March 14th, 2017, 02:12 PM
make sure you trash them properly, no need for them to end up in the wrong hands and glad you decided to trash them

Lynxnl005
March 14th, 2017, 10:28 PM
Thank you all so much for the help and advice.

BlackParadePixie
March 16th, 2017, 02:43 PM
this is how people end up addciced to painkillers, and then often times on much worse things like heroin. Stop now.

Trivium
March 18th, 2017, 01:49 AM
Fiona is dead on. The cravings you have are borderline addiction. The more you take the more you will want. Its a deep rabbit hole.

Pour the remaining pills down the toilet.