PDA

View Full Version : Posting Pictures of Myself

Andrew99
March 13th, 2017, 04:01 PM
I live a very healthy lifestyle and I go to the gym very often, so obviously I have pictures of myself without a shirt on saved on my phone.

I've been thinking about uploading these pictures to Instagram or Facebook, I think I look good in the photos, and it could help me talk to new people if I post pictures of myself, it really could boost my confidence.

The only thing stopping me is that I know people will laugh at me, but I don't know if by doing this if I will actually lose even more confidence, as I am not a confident person to begin with.

Do you think I should just go for it, or leave it?

zack.zack
March 13th, 2017, 04:39 PM
IF you have made it this long without posting pics of yourself shirtless, then I wouldnt worry about doing it. However, if you are comfortable with your body and with yourself, then try posting one and see what kind of comments you get. If you dont like what you are getting, then take it down and that will be that.

Andrew99
March 13th, 2017, 07:25 PM
IF you have made it this long without posting pics of yourself shirtless, then I wouldnt worry about doing it. However, if you are comfortable with your body and with yourself, then try posting one and see what kind of comments you get. If you dont like what you are getting, then take it down and that will be that.

It's more the real life hate I don't like, I don't mind the online hate because I would just block people straight away, but in person I can't avoid the hate as such. Do you think I should post or not post?

Beauregard
March 13th, 2017, 10:18 PM
It's more the real life hate I don't like, I don't mind the online hate because I would just block people straight away, but in person I can't avoid the hate as such. Do you think I should post or not post?
It is pictures of you so I would say only you can decide.
As you said people online and offline might give you crap because of those pictures so if you think you can stomach that go ahead and post them if not leave it.

zack.zack
March 14th, 2017, 12:30 PM

If you dont think you can handle the real life criticism, then I wouldnt post it. Dont put yourself through all of the frustration.

Just JT
March 14th, 2017, 01:37 PM
I take the advise given as more of I wouldn't do it. And I'd agree with that for a bunch of reason. It opens a lot of doors yeah, but seems to me it opens more bad doors than good doors

My question is why you feel pics of your in shape body on social media will make it easier to talk to people?

Andrew99
March 14th, 2017, 06:16 PM
I take the advise given as more of I wouldn't do it. And I'd agree with that for a bunch of reason. It opens a lot of doors yeah, but seems to me it opens more bad doors than good doors

My question is why you feel pics of your in shape body on social media will make it easier to talk to people?

I feel it will make it easier for me to talk to people as it may give me some confidence, but I don't make new friends by talking to people, I don't have the confidence to do this so maybe this might allow other people approach me? Just a suggestion, I'm not entirely sure how this could pan out. I've never done anything like this before and I'm just unsure of the consequences.

Just JT
March 14th, 2017, 07:29 PM
I feel it will make it easier for me to talk to people as it may give me some confidence, but I don't make new friends by talking to people, I don't have the confidence to do this so maybe this might allow other people approach me? Just a suggestion, I'm not entirely sure how this could pan out. I've never done anything like this before and I'm just unsure of the consequences.

Imo, it'll draw people to you based on how you look.....and since your talking about social media, isn't it more about what you say and the quality of the words than how you look or your physical appearance?

There's plenty of people here who are incredible people who's never shown their face or any part of their body. Fit or not.

Just my opinion.

rioo
March 15th, 2017, 07:48 AM
I think maybe it's better if you posting picture shirtless when u doing sport, like polo water or at pool, so people more accepting it and thats looks natural.

lemondrop
March 15th, 2017, 10:07 AM
hmm.... it's risky ,people always judge that you "show off" your body. I don't think that you'll gain more confidence ,just by posting that or that pic. You must accept your body first and look how much you've achieved. My suggestion: if you really want to post a pic of your gainzzzz - evaluate your physique, because it really looks stupid when I see guys or girls posting pics of themselves just after a few months of gym training.

Andrew99
March 15th, 2017, 08:24 PM
hmm.... it's risky ,people always judge that you "show off" your body. I don't think that you'll gain more confidence ,just by posting that or that pic. You must accept your body first and look how much you've achieved. My suggestion: if you really want to post a pic of your gainzzzz - evaluate your physique, because it really looks stupid when I see guys or girls posting pics of themselves just after a few months of gym training.

It's not like I've been going a few months, I've been going for much longer than a year, so I know I'm in pretty good shape but I think maybe posting is the correct idea

Andrew99
March 15th, 2017, 08:25 PM
I think maybe it's better if you posting picture shirtless when u doing sport, like polo water or at pool, so people more accepting it and thats looks natural.

Yeah maybe that could be a suggestion if I don't want to look big headed

Andrew99
March 15th, 2017, 08:27 PM
Imo, it'll draw people to you based on how you look.....and since your talking about social media, isn't it more about what you say and the quality of the words than how you look or your physical appearance?

There's plenty of people here who are incredible people who's never shown their face or any part of their body. Fit or not.

Just my opinion.

I know that being fit or not fit has no bearing on if you're an incredible person you are, I was thinking maybe this would make me look like a bit of a big headed person if I do this, which is not what I am at all

Jamesk0050
March 16th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Non Nude pictures are okay

Hideous
March 16th, 2017, 01:36 PM
If you're confident with your body, show it off. You might get the impression from other people that you're "pretentious" or "conceited", but it doesn't matter. Do it for yourself and nobody else.

Just JT
March 18th, 2017, 08:45 PM
I know that being fit or not fit has no bearing on if you're an incredible person you are, I was thinking maybe this would make me look like a bit of a big headed person if I do this, which is not what I am at all

If that's your concern, the. Don't do it

If you're confident with your body, show it off. You might get the impression from other people that you're "pretentious" or "conceited", but it doesn't matter. Do it for yourself and nobody else.

Also this ^^

End of day it's not an easy answer. What's impr
Portent is what feels good for you

Don't be so concerned about who whines what about you. If you look good and show pictures for the right reasons and feel good about that, makes you feel good about yourself then cool

Just don't do it for the wrong reasons I guess is all I'm saying

Inflation26
March 20th, 2017, 01:45 PM
I also consider myself in shape and I posted a few shirtless pictures on my Instagram before. They were pictures taken on the beach or any other occasion where it was natural to be shirtless. What I noticed is that I mostly got a lot of shit from other guys saying I was a show off.

Also, what I can make up out of your explanation for posting a shirtless picture is that you hope it will give you a confidence boost. It can also go into the opossite direction when it turns out that the picture doesn't get as much likes as any other picture gets you and that might only make you feel more insecure/ self aware.

In the end though it is your own choice. It could go really well for you and you could get some nice comments, or it could backfire, but you can always delete it anyway right?