PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Build Confidence

Andrew99
March 12th, 2017, 11:29 AM
(SORRY IF THIS IS IN THE WRONG SECTION)

I'm not a confident person whatsoever. I would say I am a kind, respectful and happy person. People think I am rude and ignorant because I don't hold conversation well at all, and I don't talk to a lot of people. In school all people really know about me is that I work out a lot, and because of this I think people have this idea that because I workout, I am act 'above' everyone, which I know is 100% not the case, I know everyone is equal no matter what.

I think I am an extrovert at heart, but my shyness forces me to be set back from making relationships, either friendships or with girls, so it's like I'm trapped in a shy person's body. In school I have 1 or 2 close friends and don't really talk to anyone else besides a quick 'hello' when I walk past them, not out of rudeness, just because it has to be like this.

I get bullied by a group of people in school and I let what they say offend me even though I know I shouldn't let them get to me, maybe this could be why I am not confident?

So I was wondering if anyone here is extremely shy, and how they deal with it or how people have overcame shyness or how to try and overcome it.

I think I have a lot to offer to others, I just need to find a way to come out of my shell!

Living For Love
March 13th, 2017, 05:23 PM
VT General Hospital :arrow2: Family and Friends

IzzyB
March 24th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Just be yourself and don't worry about what others think. If you want to come out of your shell, just walk up to ppl and start talking. Once they see you don't back down or are afraid, they'll respect that.

jamie_n5
March 24th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Take it slow and start trying to be with groups and add to the conversations. You are right to not listen to or react to idiots trying to bully you. Things will come around for you just give it time and talk to and with people.