PDA

View Full Version : Did I Do the Right Thing Here?

Andrew99
March 12th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Today is my Grandad's birthday and there is a family get together that I decided I'm not going to today, that might sound bad of me but I have personal reasons.

This is going to be hard to try and describe, but i found out last night that my dad's sister (my aunt), and my mother's sister's ex husband (my uncle) are now "an item".

While they aren't blood related, they are still technically relatives through family. After my dad told me this last night I've been really weirded out by this whole thing.

As it's my Grandad's birthday tomorrow, my aunt will be there and my dad also told me that my uncle will be there too. While I don't necessarily have a problem with either of them as individuals, this whole thing shocked me and I cancelled on going because I felt like this situation is far too weird.

I feel bad for cancelling on my Grandad as I don't see him often, but I have agreed to see him in a few days time for his birthday.

So what I want to ask is what I did acceptable, or what would you have done in that situation.

And by the way if I had close friends or a girlfriend I wouldn't need to ask here, I don't really have anyone my age to talk about this to. Thanks

Desynchronized
March 12th, 2017, 10:36 AM
I would just go there ignoring this relationship thing altogether. Prolly just to get my work done tho like meeting my granddad. He isn't getting any younger. Not saying you did anything wrong, you can do whatever you're comfortable with. Its just like i won't be that shocked by the thing. Also if i were in your place i'd apologise to grandpa cuz i missed the party. So you would be better off not letting that problem affect your relationship with your grandpa :)

Andrew99
March 12th, 2017, 10:51 AM
I would just go there ignoring this relationship thing altogether. Prolly just to get my work done tho like meeting my granddad. He isn't getting any younger. Not saying you did anything wrong, you can do whatever you're comfortable with. Its just like i won't be that shocked by the thing. Also if i were in your place i'd apologise to grandpa cuz i missed the party. So you would be better off not letting that problem affect your relationship with your grandpa :)

I have already apologised to him, and agreed to see him at a later date, thanks for helping