PDA

View Full Version : Mom takes all conversions to drugs

ProudThread598
March 11th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Hey all
My uncle does meth and my cousin has started marijuana. A few minutes ago, I tried to start a really deep and weird conversation on whether we have free will or not. My mom then started talking about how you can make bad choices, then went on about my cousin and her pot. I'M SO FUCKING TIRED OF HER DOING THIS! She has been obsessed with drugs ever since she found out my uncle (her side of the family) is doing meth. Evere since then, half of the time she talks to me she is talking about how I should never do drugs. I don't think she understands that I have decided I'm not going to do them no matter what. I just want her to stop. I've told her time and time again I won't do drugs. What do I do?

Amethyst Rose
March 11th, 2017, 06:02 PM
Actions speak louder than words... if she won't listen to you, you've got to show her you won't do drugs. That's the only reassurance she's going to accept. Yeah her talks may be getting old, but she's concerned about you. Better that than her not caring what bad habits you get wrapped up in.

Just JT
March 11th, 2017, 06:56 PM
I can relate to this. But on a different rhelm. My dad used a lot, and didn't care if I did or not. So sure I did right?

Anyways, sounds like moms not listening to you. Maybe if she caught you with some weed or meth in your possession, hell yeah she'd prolly have a freaking caniption fit right?

But now you got her attention, and you can say your only following the positive adult role models your family, including herself.

See how that works

Beauregard
March 11th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Your Mom is just worried. So many teens smoke weed and think it's harmless and so many people do meth and don't realise how they throw their lives away. Your Mom loves you and doesn't want any bad happen to you so don't blame her for overreacting.

So I don't think telling her you won't do drugs will stop her worrying after all I'm sure every kid that is doing drugs would tell that to their Mom, too.
You can just stay away from that shit be open and honest with your Mom about everything and everyone and so eventually she will stop being so paranoid over the drug thing.