PDA

View Full Version : How I should get more muscle

StillWaiting
March 9th, 2017, 11:01 PM
So I'm 5' 7" and 135 lbs. I'm not overweight but I'm not skinny either, however I'd like to replace some of my belly fat with muscle, as well as my legs and arms.

I don't want huge muscles, I just want enough so that they're visible at least. What should I do to get this way? I already ride my bike ~40 miles a week to get to school and back, with an average pace of 12 mph, and I also eat plenty of protein. Is there anything else I can do to be more buff faster?

rioo
March 10th, 2017, 07:11 AM
you can try pushups and pull up, it will reduce your belly fat, also gaining muscle on ur arm.

Alan T
March 10th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Short and frequent bouts of exercise are best, I think. You want to put stress on the muscles without injuring them at all. It's also good for burning fat.

mick01
March 10th, 2017, 01:55 PM
The only way to lose fat is to burn it by getting your heart rate up. And if you do the math on your bike riding, you ride 4 miles each way and it takes you 20 minutes. I doubt that's enough time to get your heart rate up and to burn some calories/fat. You should do some other cardio exercises for a longer period of time, like running, longer bike rides, whatever to lose more weight faster.

Just JT
March 10th, 2017, 04:29 PM
mick01 is right. Its all about heart rate over a specified period of time. Riding a bike to school is a good start. But is it difficult or easy? Do you break a sweat doing it?

A good work out (cardio or what ever) needs to raise your heart rate to some level, hold it there, then cool down. Like in running. I do a lot of running. Running is really good for you

But cardio is only part of a good workout. Only addresses some of your muscles and yiur cardio system. Push-up, and pull-ups do an awesome job as well, for upper body strrenght and muscle building.

Sit ups, that will take that little mundge in the middle go away and help define into what you want. But it will not happen over night. It takes time

Eating a proper diet, staying hydrated, and plenty of sleep all also play a part in being physically fit. And should be done on a regular every day schedule.

But....before you start you should talk to your dr or a trainer. Someone who knows about YOU and YOUR decelopement and body. That way you'll get started properly.

Planet fitness has free personal trainers btw

StillWaiting
March 11th, 2017, 01:05 AM
If I ride fast I can really get my heart going, also sometimes there is wind which makes it harder.

Just JT
March 11th, 2017, 10:13 PM
Yes, that's true, and part of it. But it comes down to heart rate really. Riding fast, well that can be easy physically see?
A good workout is really dependent on other things like heart rate and duration of time your heart is at that elevated pace. And knowing your limits. Because pushing to hard can literally lead to a heart attack

Hence, consult a dr or trainer....

Nickk2017
March 21st, 2017, 03:49 AM
hi
some folks will suggest exercises and they'll be good ones

if you're building muscles anywhere you'll want to eat more, drink more water, and make sure to get adequate rest.

Thanks

Expressive Therapy For Depression (http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/expressive-therapy#Overview1)

Big O
March 29th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Cut your carbs and eat lots of fruit and vegetables.

JohnHunter
April 8th, 2017, 02:56 AM
Try exercises that affects your arms.